**Please see the CCS Job Opportunity page for more information: https://carleton.ca/safety/us/about/dus-job-opportunities/
Program Facilitator Position Available – Job Description
Program Facilitators will be hired to deliver (in pairs) the Enhanced Assess, Acknowledge, Act (EAAA) Sexual Assault Resistance Education Program, an evidence-based sexual assault resistance education intervention for first year university women. Work is focused between September 2018 and April 2019 academic years (fall, and winter semesters). The Program Facilitators would be expected to remain with the project until April 2019. The Program Facilitators will be supervised by Jenna Easton, Sexual Assault/Public Education Coordinator, Equity Services and Alicia Poole, Staff Sergeant, Campus Safety Services.
Program duties include: receiving training in the theoretical and empirical basis of this type of sexual assault education and the program content (including self-defense instruction); preparing for, practicing, and then delivering the 12-hour program (two to three times) in both the fall and winter semesters; organizing and setting up for each program session; having phone and email contact with students registered for the program; meeting regularly in person with the other facilitator(s) and team members completing program paperwork; program outreach/recruitment, and other duties as required.
Program Facilitators should be young women (i.e., <30) because best practice recommends that “expert peers” deliver the program. Facilitators must also be available for an 8-day training program to be held during July and August 2018.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including excellent verbal skills
- Knowledge and comfort discussing sexual topics including sexual coercion and sexual assault
- Comfort and effectiveness in dealing with conflict
- Must be able to work as an effective team member
- Good judgment and problem solving skills
- Ability to deal well with stress and time pressures
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexible schedule as hours will vary each week
- Previous work/experience with violence against women issues would be an asset
- Previous work/experience as a facilitator/educator/group moderator would be an asset
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle would be an asset
Part-time employment from July 2018 until April 2019 Hourly rate: 20/hr.
The hours worked will vary depending on the time of year, but would generally fall between 2 and 20 hours per week. The successful candidate must be available to work evenings and weekend hours during the fall and winter term, which is when the program is offered to students. Renewal may be possible based on performance and availability of funds. Other employment must be disclosed.
Send cover letter, C.V., and contact information for three references to: Alicia Poole by 5:00pm on Wednesday, March 14, 2018.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org