Are you an artist and a member of the Queer or Trans* community? In anticipation of Pride Festival at Carleton (October 3 – 7, 2022), the Student Experience Office and Carleton Athletics are collaborating on a not-for-profit initiative to create and sell shirts representative of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
We are looking to commission an artist within the Queer or Trans* community to create a design for limited edition Pride shirts that will be sold throughout July and August.
100% of the profits from this initiative will go towards a bursary for 2SLGBTQIA+ students at Carleton.
The selected artist will:
- Be compensated $500 for their time, and the design created
- Have their artist profile showcased alongside shirt sales
- Be interviewed to share their inspiration behind their design and to promote their work
- Be highlighted on the Carleton Website and the State of the Raven Newsletter for current students
- Have their design and work promoted through the Student Experience Office (@SLRavens) and Carleton Athletics (@CURavens) social media platforms
To apply for this opportunity:
- Please complete the submission form at the bottom of this page. The form includes basic contact information and a section for you to upload your artist portfolio and/or a sketch of your proposed design.
- NOTE: Your portfolio does not have to be extensive, it will only be used to showcase your design style. If you do not have a portfolio, please submit a sketch or mock-up of your proposed design.
Deadline: June 6th at 11:59 pm EST
Notes regarding the design:
- The Carleton University logo or symbols representing the institution do not need to be included in the design. This project is meant to support 2SLGBTQIA+ students, staff, and faculty at Carleton, rather than Carleton University itself. Please keep this in mind if you choose to submit a sketch or mock-up of your proposed design with your application.
- The shirts will be available in black and grey; however, the design can include many colours.
- Due to pandemic-related delays in manufacturing and processing, the turnaround time for this project is limited. After applications close on June 6th, we will announce the selected artists by the end of the day on June 7th. After being selected, we will work with the artist to finalize the design by 11:59 pm June 12th.
- Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org