Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Umoja Grad School Information Session
October 19, 2023 at 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
|Location:||Virtual event over ZOOM|
|Audience:||Carleton Community, Current Students|
Join the Umoja program in partnership with the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs for a Grad School Information Session on October 19, from 6 to 8 PM. You will gain insights into the graduate application process and how to navigate funding options. The event will be opened by the Director of the Institute of African Studies, Prof Nduka Otiono, followed by a panel with an open Q and A. The event will end with a funding workshop delivered by FGPA. The panel features a diverse group of distinguished faculty and outstanding current graduate students representing four of the faculties at Carleton, who will offer guidance on selecting the right program and institution. Participants will have the opportunity to win one of three $100 cash prizes, or Umoja premium and regular swag packs.
- Registration is required to attend this event.
- Attendees will be emailed the zoom link prior to the event.
- Professor Nduka Otiono – Director of the Institute of African Studies (IAS)
- Professor Gerald Grant – Director of the Centre for Information Technology, Organizations, and People (CITOP)
- Professor Apollinaire Tsopmo – Full Professor of Chemistry
- Evelyn Asiedu – Post-Doctoral Researcher, EDI Data Analyst
- Chikezirim Nwoke (Chike) – PhD Candidate, Sociology/Anthropology, Vanier Scholar
- Shanice Bernicky – PhD candidate, Journalism/Communication
- Jenna McConnell – Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs
You can expect
- Panel discussion
- Audience Q and A period
- FGPA Funding Workshop
- Giveaway of three $100 honorariums for grad school application fees
- Umoja swag!
This event is being held online and is open to all.
Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org