Welcome Art & Architectural History Students
Our students, faculty and staff have compiled a guide that we think may be useful for newcomers to Ottawa and Carleton. Below, you’ll find tips and information about important services and facilities on campus, along with a list of some of our favourite places in Ottawa. Hopefully this will make for a great year!
Useful On-Campus information
- All about your Campus Card, including where to pick it and using it to pay for items and services (food, books, photocopies, etc.) around campus.
- Where to find food on campus at any time of day.
- A list of computer lab locations and hours.
- A guide to printing on campus.
- The Writing Tutorial Service is for grads and undergrads that need help editing papers. TAs often find it useful to send their students to the WTS.
- The Carleton University Students Association (CUSA) represents undergraduate students as well as providing various services, providing funding to clubs and societies, and organizing student events.
- The Graduate Students’ Association (GSA) offers services, advocacy, and community for Carleton’s graduate student population.
- CUPE 4600 is the union that represents Carleton Teaching Assistants and Contract Instructors, as well as providing health and other benefits to members.
- Health and Counseling: A pharmacy, doctors, dentists, and counselors are on-campus at Health and Counseling Services (second level, Carleton Technology and Training Centre).
- The Department of Athletics and Recreation provide many sports and recreation programs that we are already paying for in our tuition, so take advantage of this service! They also offer classes at a reduced rate for students.
OC Transpo is Ottawa’s bus (and light rail) service. Student monthly and yearly passes are available, or you can purchase tickets at various locations throughout Ottawa.
Ottawa Galleries, Museums and Arts Organizations
ArtEngine (Daly Ave.)
Bank of Canada/Currency Museum (Sparks St.)
Bytown Museum (Wellington St.)
Canada Agriculture Museum (Experimental Farm)
Canadian Museum of Contemporary Photography (Rideau St.)
Canadian Museum of Nature (McLeod Ave.)
Canadian Museum of Science and Technology (St. Laurent Blvd.)
Canadian War Museum (Vimy Pl.)
Carleton University Art Gallery (St.Patrick’s Building, Carleton)
Central Art Garage (Lebreton St.)
Diefenbunker (Carp Road, Carp)
Gallery 101 (St. Catherine St.)
Karsh Masson Gallery (Laurier Ave.)
National Gallery of Canada (Sussex)
Ottawa Art Gallery (Daly Ave.)
SAW Gallery / Club SAW (Nicholas St.)
SPAO Gallery (Pamilla St.)