Anyone coming to campus must complete daily COVID screening. Please review Carleton’s COVID-19 website for information, answers to frequently asked questions and the latest campus-wide emails that have been sent to the Carleton community.
Fall 2021 Services
Effective August 23, 2021 the Chemistry Department will provide limited in-person services. In keeping with Carleton’s safe meetings and social distancing guidelines needed to ensure student and staff safety, not all Chemistry services will be available in-person.
Registration, overrides, advising, etc. will continue to be delivered virtually during University business hours weekdays 8:30am to 4:00pm.
Virtual Waiting Line FAQs
>>> QLess instructions for students can be found HERE.
When it’s your turn:
1. Receive a text notification.
2. Head to 203 Steacie Bldg – remember to bring these 3 essentials: (i) your mask, (ii) daily covid screening confirmation/approval, and (iii) photo ID and student number.
3. Wait outside the main office until a team member calls you in. Please note: due to capacity limits, only students can enter the Chemistry main office, parents/friends will need to wait in the lobby.
Reply any time to communicate with us while you wait in line!
• H Request help
• M Request more time
• S Check your status
• L Leave the line
• C Cancel your appointment
• N# Request your estimated wait time
• J Re-join the line if you accidentally left or arrived late
Keeping Students and Staff Safe
We are working hard to keep students and staff healthy and safe by following University Safe Meeting Protocols:
- Daily covid symptom screening, requiring staff and students who are feeling unwell to stay home.
- Name and contact information is recorded for contact tracing purposes.
- Masks must be worn at all times. Masks are to cover the nose and mouth as per the University’s Mask Policy.
- Disinfecting surfaces before and after use.
- Ensure appropriate physical distancing of at least two (2) metres.
- Limiting the number of people in indoor spaces.
- Washing hands/sanitize hands before and after meetings.