Building Fast Facts:
- 9 floors
- over 180,000 square feet
- 450+ beds
- housing for first year students
- incorporates principles required to achieve a high level of sustainability
Notice October 02/23: New Time Lapse Video of Construction Progress
Facilities Management and Planning has updated the time-lapse video that shows the construction progress for the new student residence building over the span of many months. If you would like to view it, click here.
Notice June 30/23: Time Lapse Video of Construction Progress
Facilities Management and Planning has created a time-lapse video that shows the construction progress for the new student residence building over the span of many months. If you would like to view it, click here.
Notice March 17/22: New Residence Breaks Ground
President Benoit-Antoine Bacon was joined by Suzanne Blanchard, Vice-President (Students and Enrollment), Cindy Taylor, Interim Vice-President (Finance and Administration), Gary Nower, Assistant Vice-President (Facilities Management and Planning), Laura Storey, Director, Housing and Residence Life, members of the project management team, architect and general contractor to mark the occasion of the ground breaking of Carleton’s new Student residence.
This state-of-the-art facility will be home to 450 students and showcase an amenity floor that includes study, social, fitness and cooking spaces for the entire residence community. This building uses the fundamentals of passive house design and will serve as a beacon as community members come onto campus.
Notice Jan 26/22: New Residence Construction Site Preparation
Carleton’s Board of Governors recently approved the construction of a new student residence building. The building will be located to the north of the Stormont Dundas residence. Key principles in the design and construction include an enhanced student experience, community, and sustainability.
Facilities Management and Planning and Housing and Residence Life would like to inform the campus community that the process of preparing for the construction of the new student residence building starts on Jan. 31. Please see the details below.
Vehicle and Pedestrian traffic:
- Jan 31: Area around parking lot 6 will be fenced off as per Site Logistics Jan 31 to Feb 7 2022 – Phase #1 Mobilization
- Feb 7: Roundabout area at Stormont Dundas and Leeds will be fenced off. Access to the Stormont-Dundas residence will be maintained via a pedestrian pathway but the tunnel access at that location will be closed as per Site Logistics Feb 7 To Feb 11 2022 – Phase #2 Mobilization
Para-Transpo and Deliveries:
- All Para-Transpo pick-ups and drop-offs will be moved to outside of the Residence Commons extension for the duration of the construction.
- All deliveries for students will be directed to Residence Commons main entrance
Directional signage will be posted in the area. As the construction progress, updates will be provided to the campus community.