Carleton University has developed an Outdoor Space Master Plan to help us better plan and develop the outdoor spaces on the campus. This document will help the university identify and prioritize outdoor improvements to the campus such as:
- Sidewalks, paths and trails across the campus to enhance safety and access for pedestrians and cyclists
- Future open space projects to develop green space
- Renovations to existing open spaces to make them more welcoming and multi-seasonal
- Develop a standard for street furniture and lighting
- Indigenous-focused elements
- New pedestrian bridge connection to Vincent Massey Park
Consultant Brook MclLroy was hired to assist Carleton through the process of developing the plan, which was completed in fall 2020 following months of consultation with the campus community.