Carleton University is developing an Outdoor Space Master Plan to help us better plan and develop the outdoor spaces on the campus. The document will help the university identify and prioritize outdoor improvements to the campus such as:
- Sidewalks, paths and trails across the campus to enhance safety and access for pedestrians and cyclists
- Future open space projects to develop green space
- Renovations to existing open spaces to make them more welcoming and multi-seasonal
- Develop a standard for street furniture and lighting
- Indigenous-focused elements
- New pedestrian bridge connection to Vincent Massey Park
Consultant BrookMclLroy has been hired to assist Carleton through the process of developing the plan, to be completed by fall 2020.
There will be several opportunities for Carleton faculty, staff and students to provide input and feedback throughout project in a number of way including at open houses and informal pop-ups hosted by BrookMcILroy (BMI) on campus.
On Jan. 16, two Pop-Up informal sessions were held. To view the presentation materials, please see below:
Questionnaire: Carleton students, faculty and staff can also provide BMI your input and ideas about your vision for Carleton’s outdoor spaces by completing this short questionnaire: https://tinyurl.com/rdyzqoy
Throughout the process, should you have any questions or want to contact us, please send an email to:firstname.lastname@example.org