Facilities Engineering and Construction is responsible for the design, planning, and implementation of construction for all of the University’s major renovation / rehabilitation, maintenance construction and new construction projects. We are also responsible for creation and maintenance all of the University’s AUTOCAD drawings for our buildings and grounds.
Project Request Process
If you wish to make a project request, please use the Project Request Form below. Once your request has been received, it will be reviewed, and a Project Coordinator will be assigned to your request. To ensure accurate and timely processing of your request it is important to include as much detail as possible.
Project Request Form
Construction Project Delivery Process:
1. Fill out and submit your completed Project Request Form.
2. If project scope includes a change in use of space, the Space Management and Capital Planning unit will review the project for feasibility.
3. Once space question has been answered, the project reverts back to Construction Services.
4. Assistant Director, Facilities Engineering and Construction assigns project to Project Coordinator (PC).
5. Project Coordinator contacts client to meet and define project scope.
6. If project scope includes a change in use of space, the Space Management and Capital Planning unit will review the project for feasibility.
7. Client signs off on scope (once any space questions are resolved)
8. Project Coordinator provides client with “”Class D” estimate (cost and schedule), based on signed off scope and initiates Project Control Sheet for client’s approval and funding source.
9. Consultants, if required, will be retained to prepare design and tender documents.
10. Project is tendered, and if within budget, construction proceeds,
11. If tender price is over budget, the Project Coordinator meets with the client to discuss options regarding scope/budget/schedule in order to facilitate the project.
12. Project is constructed
13. Client occupies the renovated space
14. Close-out phase is commenced including deficiency correction, invoicing, client feedback discussions, and budget reconciliation.
15. Warranty period involves monitoring the facility through the client and Facilities Management and Planning interactions and feedback as required.
We strive to keep our clients informed at all stages of the project and to be accountable for the project’s budget and schedule.