On Saturday, August 31st, cuLearn will be getting its annual upgrade. These annual upgrades are a means of continually improving the system.
The upgrade is both to the core (going from Moodle 2.1 to 2.4) and to the functionality. The overall look and feel with be very similar to the current version, only with a modernized look and a simplified, intuitive interface. It will also be responsive, accessible, and faster.
Some of the improvements in this upgrade include:
- better file management and access control of resources and activities
- new course layout options and management tools
- assignment improvements including rubrics, offline marking, date extensions, student submission statement
- better quiz attempt handling
- new book activity type
- course lists will not be organized by semester
- many other smaller improvements
During the upgrade on Saturday August 31st the system will be unavailable. There will be no impact to any content contained within cuLearn.
For screenshots and a complete list of new features, please visit the cuLearn updates page.