You are responsible for the safety of your own accounts. Here are some tips to help you keep your password safe and secure:
- Never respond to email requests for your password, even if the email appears to come from Carleton. These are phishing attempts in order to steal your information.
- Never share your password with others.
- When creating your password, use a minimum eight characters in length and include upper case, lower case, numbers and special characters.
- Use different passwords for your accounts. For example, do not use your Facebook password for your MyCarletonOne account.
- Change your password at least every 6 to 12 months.
Remember: ITS will NEVER ask you for your password via email.
For more information on changing your MyCarletonOne password, including a video tutorial on how to do this, visit our MyCarletonOne information page.