It’s Cyber Security Awareness Month and this week we’re talking about passwords.
We are all responsible for the safety of our own accounts, whether they be our banking credentials, email credentials, or MyCarletonOne credentials. Here are some tips to help you keep your accounts safe and secure:
- Enable two-factor authentication. This is the single most effective way to keep your accounts secure.
- Never respond to email requests for your password, even if the email appears to come from Carleton. These are phishing attempts in order to steal your information.
- Never share your password with others.
- When creating your password, use a minimum eight characters in length and include upper case, lower case, numbers and special characters.
- Use different passwords for your accounts. For example, do not use your Facebook password for your MyCarletonOne account. – Help keep these passwords straight by using a password manager.