Please beware of phishing email circulating on campus with subject “COVID-19 – Safety Measures” and appears to be from the “Carleton Safety Services”.
If you require assistance, please contact the ITS Service Desk at 613-520-3700.
How can you tell if emails or online posts are phishing or scams?
- The sender asks to send money/or other form of money such as Bitcoin, gift cards, cheques, etc.
- Asks you for your password or directs you to a webform asking for your password
- The subject line is in all caps
- There is a call for immediate action – “download this now” or “confirm your email identity now” or “Action Required: To deposit your money, Start Claim” or “click on the link below”
- There are spelling or grammatical errors in the email
Please visit our IT Security web page for more tips on protecting yourself online.