Please beware of phishing emails circulating on campus with the subject of ‘PROCESS HAS BEGUN’ and with regards to ‘Terminate your Office 365 email’.
This email message is a phishing attempt and should be deleted immediately.
If you clicked on the link within the email message or have already responded to the email, please change your MyCarleton One (MC1) password immediately. If you require assistance, please contact the ITS Service Desk at 613-520-3700.
How can you tell if emails or online posts are phishing/scams?
- The sender asks to send money/or other form of money such as Bitcoin, gift cards, cheques, etc.
- Asks you for your password or directs you to a webform asking for your password
- The subject line is in all caps
- There is a call for immediate action – “download this now” or “confirm your email identity now” or “Action Required: deposit your money, Start Claim” or “click on the link below”
- There are spelling or grammatical errors in the email
Please visit our IT security web page for more tips on protecting yourself online.