The SOAR! Student Leadership Conference is an annual conference for student leaders at Carleton University. At SOAR, students are challenged and inspired to develop their leadership skills through informative and interactive workshops and presentations.
When is SOAR?
SOAR! will took place on Saturday, January 27th, 2018. It is a full day conference for current Carleton students held on campus that features a keynote speaker, expert speakers, student leaders, and panel presentations. The date for 2019 will be announced soon!
Our Keynote Speaker 2018…
Last year, we will feature Colonel Chris Hadfield as our keynote speaker for SOAR!
What is SOAR?
SOAR! provides delegates with many unique opportunities. Students who participate in the conference will be able to:
- Challenge themselves in new and meaningful ways outside of the classroom
- Learn how to be an effective leader
- Understand foundations and theories about leadership and their potential as a leader
- Enhance their personal philosophy of leadership
- Attend informative and interactive workshops on a variety of trends and topics, delivered by engaging speakers
- Engage with a well-known keynote speaker to be announced November 1st!
- Gain valuable experience that can be added to students’ Co-Curricular Record
How do I Register?
Registration for SOAR 2019 will open on September 22, 2018.
Please note that registration to SOAR is limited to only current Carleton Students.
Sample Conference Schedule
The Conference Handbook
Last year’s Conference Handbook gives you a glimpse at what we offered for sessions last year at SOAR! Take a peek to see if attending the conference this year might be of interest to you!
Volunteer at SOAR 2019
SOAR Wouldn’t be successful without the help of a team of dedicated volunteers! Interested in volunteering? In November we will put a call out for SOAR 2019 Volunteers.
For more information regarding the SOAR Student Leadership Conference, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org