The SOAR! Student Leadership Conference is an annual conference for student leaders at Carleton University. At SOAR, students are challenged and inspired to develop their leadership skills through informative and interactive workshops and presentations.
When is SOAR?
SOAR! will take place on Saturday, January 20th, 2018. It is a full day conference held on campus that features a keynote speaker, expert speakers, student leaders, and panel presentations.
Last year, one of Canada’s most well known entrepreneurs, Arlene Dickinson was our keynote speaker! This year, we will feature an engaging keynote speaker once again to be announced in Fall 2017.
What is SOAR?
SOAR! provides delegates with many unique opportunities. Students who participate in the conference will be able to:
- Challenge themselves in new and meaningful ways outside of the classroom
- Learn how to be an effective leader
- Understand foundations and theories about leadership and their potential as a leader
- Enhance their personal philosophy of leadership
- Attend informative and interactive workshops on a variety of trends and topics, delivered by engaging speakers
- Engage with a well-known keynote speaker to be announced Fall 2018.
- Gain valuable experience that can be added to students’ Co-Curricular Record
How do I Register?
Registration for SOAR 2018 will open soon. Check back for more details.
Call for Presenters
In September, we invite interested students, leaders, faculty, staff and community members to apply to present material at SOAR!
Check back for information about the application process later this Summer.
Want to know what types of presentations and sessions happen at SOAR? Check out last year’s conference schedule here.
For more information regarding the SOAR Student Leadership Conference, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org