Thinking about an M.A. or Ph.D. in Sociology? Wondering what you can do with a graduate degree in Sociology? If you’re interested in learning more about our current graduate students’ research, or the student experience in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology, please take a look at our current graduate students page. Check out the range of topics on this list of our graduates and their completed research projects.
Our graduate students are also supported through the internal and external award application process. Check out our list of award recipients, and get in touch with our Graduate Administrator or the professors who are Graduate Program Coordinators for Sociology and for Anthropology.
The department is well known at Carleton and beyond for its welcoming atmosphere and sense of community. There is a vibrant social life and you can get involved and meet people by joining the Sociology and Anthropology Graduate Student Caucus, which organizes many social events such as pub nights, hikes, and trivia. There are graduate student soccer and softball teams. Here’s our departmental events calendar. We are proud to offer the support of Graduate Peer Mentors and a Graduate Transitions Mentor who helps Ph.D. and M.A. students prepare for the job market post-graduation. Check out our Student Support page for more information.
Our Graduate Programs in Sociology
- M.A. Sociology Admission and Degree Requirements
- M.A. Sociology with Specialization in African Studies
- M.A. Sociology with Collaborative Specialization in Climate Change
- M.A. Sociology with Specialization in Digital Humanities
- M.A. Sociology with Collaborative Specialization in Latin American and Caribbean Studies
- M.A. Sociology with Concentration in Quantitative Methodology
- Ph.D. Sociology Admission and Degree Requirements
- What Can I Do With a Graduate Degree in Sociology?
- Recent Graduates in Sociology
- Words From Our Graduates
- Frequently Asked Questions