Payment is not accepted on campus.
International Currency Transfer
Our preferred method for international payment is GlobalPay for Students. Carleton University has partnered with Western Union Business solutions to provide a fast, easy and affordable way to pay tuition and other fee costs in a student’s local currency. This platform allows you to pay locally from your home bank, saving money on exchange rates and banking fees, ensuring the full value of your payment reaches Carleton University.
GlobalPay for Students also offers convenient payment options for those paying from China and India.
Note: This is not a payment through Western Union Agent locations (except in the case of some payments from India). You will simply be paying a Western Union Bank Account and then Western Union transfers the funds to Carleton University in Canadian dollars.
Please note that each payment requires its own individual quote.
In the event your account is in a refund position, we must send the refund back to the original sender’s account. Refunds will use the exchange rate valid at the time the refund is processed. Student Accounts will not issue a refund in Canadian funds.
Step 1: Access GlobalPay
- Accessing GlobalPay for Students via Carleton Central/Student Accounts will ensure that your name and student number have been attached to your payment.
- Login to Carleton Central and navigate to Registration, then Student Accounts and click on the International Currency Transfer link to be redirected to the GlobalPay for Students pay to set up your payment.
Step 2: Enter Details
- Choose the country you’re paying from and enter your payment amount in Canadian dollars. Uncheck the ‘include’ box for empty fields. Get quote.
- Your payment is shown in both Canadian dollars and your local currency. Select your payment method.
- Confirm student details are accurate. Select next.
- Your quote valid for 72 hours will be emailed to you. You can also print it by selecting print instructions.
Step 3: Make Payment
Complete your student payment transaction based on the payment method you selected within 72 hours.
- Online, or
- Bank Transfer, or
Step 4: Track It
- Sign up to be notified by SMS when your payment is sent to Carleton or track your payment on the Western Union Business Solution website using your reference number that starts with ECA.
Important: Each new payment requires a new quote.
|For general inquiries about the payment process, please contact Western Union at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-218-8829.|
|For questions regarding your Carleton University student account, please contact email@example.com or call 613-520-2600 x 3626.|