Payment is not accepted on campus. The following payment methods are available to all students:

Bill Payment Preferred method of payment from a Canadian bank Program Convert loyalty points to tuition credits
International Currency Transfer Preferred method of payment from an international bank
Mailing Payments Only Canadian cheques can be sent by mail
Payroll deduction Only available to eligible students

Bill Payment

Our preferred method for a Canadian payment is electronic banking as it is the quickest and most secured method of payment. Use ‘Carleton University‘ as the bill payee name and the student number as the account number. Payments may take up to three business days to be processed. Program

Students can now fund their school fees by converting Aeroplan® Miles, TD Travel Rewards points, or CIBC Aventura points through

35,000 Aeroplan® Miles can be converted into $250.
62,500 TD Travel Rewards points can be converted into $250.
35,000 CIBC Aventura® points can be converted into $250.

Students can also convert the loyalty points of family members and friends to help pay for their tuition.

For more information and to set up an account, visit

International Currency Transfer

Our preferred method for international payment is GlobalPay for Students. Carleton University has partnered with Western Union Business solutions to provide a fast, easy and affordable way to pay tuition and other fee costs in a student’s local currency. This platform allows you to pay locally from your home bank, saving money on exchange rates and banking fees, ensuring the full value of your payment reaches Carleton University.

GlobalPay for Students also offers convenient payment options for those paying from China and India.

Note: This is not  a payment through Western Union Agent locations (except in the case of some payments from India). You will simply be paying a Western Union Bank Account and then Western Union transfers the funds to Carleton University in Canadian dollars.

Login to Carleton Central and navigate to Registration, then Student Accounts and click on the International Currency Transfer link to be redirected to the GlobalPay for Students pay to set up your payment.

Please note that each payment requires its own individual quote.

Mail: Canadian Cheque, Canadian Money Order, Canadian Bank Draft (No Cash)

Payments may be made by Canadian cheque, Canadian money order or Canadian bank draft by mailing it to the following address:

Carleton University
c/o T27547
P.O. Box 4275, Postal Station “A”
Toronto, ON, M5W 5V8

Be sure to include your student number and name on the front of the cheque.

The above address is a post office box and any payments sent via courier or that otherwise require a signature upon delivery can not be accepted. Payments at this address are processed directly by the bank. Cheques will be processed immediately regardless of the cheque date.

Carleton University does not accept foreign currency or postdated cheques. Cheques must have a current date and be in Canadian dollars in order to be processed.

Cheques and money orders should be made payable to Carleton University. Personal cheques are accepted but the University reserves the right to cancel the use of this method by any student if it is abused. Students must also allowed enough time for processing to avoid late payment charges. Late payment charges will not be removed if students do not allow enough time for mailing and processing to occur prior to a term deadline.

Payroll Deduction (Eligible Students Only)


To be eligible for payroll deduction, student must be receiving funds from the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research in the form of a teaching and/or research assistantship. Students must also complete and return the ‘Acceptance of Award’ form to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research and have a full-time status.

How to Pay by Payroll Deduction

Available graduate funding will show as a payment arrangement at Step 5 of the registration process on Carleton Central. Students will be able to make assign their payroll deduction at this point. Students can also assign their funding on Calculate Amount to Pay by selecting ‘View/Assign Funding’.

Changing your Status and Funding:

If you change your status and your funding is subsequently denied or reduced, you are responsible for the immediate payment of the deficit amount by using one of the other fee payment methods.