Please note we do not fax transcripts (official or unofficial) to students or third parties.
Transcripts (official or unofficial) will not be issued if the student has an outstanding account with the University.
All students can request an “official” transcript, in most cases your document will be ready 2-4 business days after submission of your request.
Students with an active Carleton email address, can request an “unofficial” transcript to be sent to your Carleton email address the next business day after submission of your request.
Note: Under certain circumstances, a single copy of a transcript (official or unofficial) may be provided at our counter during regular business hours (8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday). Please contact us for further information.
Online Request for Transcripts:
UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT REQUEST – Choose this option to order an unofficial transcript and your document will be emailed as a PDF to either your Carleton or Alumni email address within two business days after submission of your request. Note that this method does not include the option to pick up or mail your document or send to a third party.
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT REQUEST – Choose this option to order an official transcript and you have the following delivery options.
Pick Up: You can pick up your document(s) at the Registrar’s Office, your transcript should be ready within 2-4 business days from your request. Official photo identification is required when you pick up your documents.
*Transcripts can be released for in person pick-up to a third party only if you have selected and the third party pick up section within the request form. The Third Party identified will be required to provide official photo ID to pick up the document.
Mail: To have your document(s) sent by regular mail, please complete the Mail To section of the Carleton Central request form.
Courier delivery: Carleton does not make arrangements to send documentation via courier. If you wish to have your transcripts/certificates of enrolment delivered by courier you must make all arrangements for pickup and payment, details are provided below:
- Clearly indicate on the request form in Carleton Central that you intend to have your documents picked up by courier.
- Include your daytime phone number and email in your request in the fields provided.
- Wait for the email from our office confirming your documents are ready for pick up and providing you with the details for courier arrangements.
- Make your arrangements for pick up and payment with the courier company.
- Courier companies will be referred to contact the student in cases where arrangements have been made in advance and the documentation is not ready for pick up.
- Carleton will not release documents to the courier where payment arrangements are outstanding with courier.
Manual Transcript Request (official transcript only):
In instances where you do not have access to Carleton Central you may submit a manual request for an official transcript however, there is a longer processing time required for these requests. Please allow 10 business days for processing. Carleton Central is the preferred method of submission.