- Service Update
- Distance Learning Overview
- Application & Registration Process
- Are there any restrictions or regulations?
- Fees and Deadlines
This page is for eCampus Ontario students. Carleton students wishing to register for online courses in the fall semester due to the current public health crisis may do so on Carleton Central.
Please note that there will be no face-to-face examinations for the fall term. Please view the COVID-19 FAQ for more information about examinations during this time.
Carleton Online offers a variety of university credit courses for Carleton University and eCampus Ontario students. This provides convenience and flexibility for students studying from a distance, finishing or starting a degree, or studying for interest.
Visit the Getting Started section of the Carleton Online website to learn more about taking an online class, or read through our FAQs below.
The application and registration process for distance learning may differ depending on why you are studying.
- Note: Some courses may require you to submit a Registration Override Request via Carleton Central due to course restrictions or prerequisites.
- Note: You must meet the English language proficiency requirements stated in Section 4.0 (option 1) of the Admissions Regulations in the Undergraduate Calendar in order for your application to be processed. Students who do not meet these requirements will not be allowed to register as part of the eCampus Ontario program because English as a Second Language courses are only offered on campus.
- There is a non-refundable processing fee to become a Special Student at Carleton.
- Some courses may require you to meet prerequisites to register.
All fee related information can be found on the Student Accounts website.