Join the launch of Carleton’s new Centre for Community Engagement!
Growing our Commitment to Community Engagement: Moving Carleton Forward Together (October 27, 2021)
Carleton University has a long history of working with the community, and as an institution, we are increasingly taking a leadership role both nationally and internationally in supporting the value and practice of community engagement. Whether you are a faculty member, provide professional or student services at Carleton or are a student, we all play an important role in serving community, both locally and around the world.
We are seeking proposals for interactive 10-minute presentations, sharing your experience of working with the community.
If you are a faculty member, contract instructor or staff member involved in community engagement at Carleton, we want to hear from you. Topics could range from how to start in community engagement, to tips and tools for community engagement during the pandemic. Interactivity can take a variety of forms, including, but not limited to, a short video from a related project, images, multi-media work, toolkits, or other things produced/created with community engagement central to the work. If you are bringing a community partner, please discuss their contribution in your proposal.
Proposals can reflect any of the following themes or you can propose your own:
- Where do I start? Things to do, things to think about, actions to take.
- From classroom to community. Teaching a community engaged course.
- Work as imagined versus work as done. The realities of working in complex community engagement initiatives.
- Community engagement in action. What might real impact and real outcomes look like?
- Knowing me and knowing you. How are we evaluating our partnerships and work with the community?
- Tips & tools for community engagement in not-so-normal times. Challenges and opportunities that have emerged during the pandemic.
Guidelines for submission:
- Proposals are due Wednesday October 6th, 2021.
- 2000 character limit with spaces.
- Submit via proposal form, located on this page below.
- Successful presenters will be notified by Tuesday October 12th, 2021.
- Presenter time slots will be a maximum of 10 minutes.
Proposals will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Relevance across various university units (including student-facing offices).
- Deepens understanding and awareness about community engaged learning and related issues.
- Clarity of proposal and intended session objectives.
Direct questions and inquiries to email@example.com.