The ITS Information Security team wants to provide suggestions about how you can stay cyber secure when working from home or working remotely.
- Be extra vigilant for phishing attempts, and malicious websites.
- Ensure your computer, and mobile devices stay current with patches and software updates. Please visit the ITS Help Centre for information on updating various devices. https://carleton.ca/its/help-centre/updating-computers-and-devices/
- Use an Antivirus product to protect your device. ITS provides licensing for an Antivirus solution for use on personal devices, including mobile devices. https://i.carleton.ca/its/antivirus/
- Be cognizant of where your files are stored. Files stored on a local home PC are not backed up. Where possible use:
- ‘CUNAS’ Network Drives (W:, V:, P: etc.)
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft Teams
- Use a secured wireless connection at home.
- Lock your screen if you are in a shared space
- Report any lost or stolen devices immediately to Campus Safety Services. https://carleton.ca/safety/
Please visit the ITS website for further details, including examples of phishing messages that have been reported. https://carleton.ca/its/security/
If you have questions, or would like any support or assistance; please contact the ITS Service Desk, by email at email@example.com, or by phone at 613-520-3700, or visit the following website https://carleton.ca/its/contact/