Since its inception in 2006, the Max and Tessie Zelikovitz Centre for Jewish Studies has provided a renewed momentum and energy to Jewish Studies at Carleton. Jewish Studies as a field explores historical, religious, social, cultural, and political aspects of Jewish life from a variety of disciplinary perspectives. The Zelikovitz Centre’s well-attended series of lectures and public events has enriched academic life on campus and in the community. The Centre has also contributed to the expansion of course offerings in Jewish Studies at Carleton.
The Zelikovitz Center is currently looking for support to continue and expand its activities. Among the Zelikovitz Centre’s priorities for future development:
- Strengthen ties between the university and the community through a range of programs.
- Expanding opportunities for student bursaries and merit scholarships for undergraduates and graduate students in Jewish Studies.
- Support for visiting lecturers in Jewish Studies.
- Support for postdoctoral fellowships in Jewish Studies.
- Support for establishing an endowed chair in Jewish Studies.
- Renewing Hebrew Language instruction.
From our campus to the world: Programs that Make a Difference
- Directly support the Zelikovitz Centre for Jewish Studies by donating here.
Ways to Give
Your support can contribute to ensuring that Carleton’s Jewish Studies programs continue to grow. There are a number of ways to give to Jewish Studies:
- To make a donation online, please click the link below to go to Carleton University Advancement’s giving site. Once on the site, after entering information about yourself, scroll down under the “schools/departments” drop down menu to select the “Max and Tessie Zelikovitz Centre for Jewish Studies”: https://futurefunder.carleton.ca/giving-fund/max-tessie-zelikovitz-centre-for-jewish-studies/
- To make a donation by mail, please mail gifts to University Advancement, and indicate that the gift is intended to support the Max and Tessie Zelikovitz Centre for Jewish Studies
Department of University Advancement, Carleton University
510 Robertson Hall
1125 Colonel By Drive
- To speak to someone in person about making a gift to the Zelikovitz Centre, please contact University Advancement at 613-520-3636 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website at https://futurefunder.carleton.ca/