As of August 2017, the Department approved the creation of an Industrial Advisory Board (IAB) with the goal to further reinforce the liaison between the Department and industry. The role of IAB is to advise, support, and advocate for the Department in its educational endeavours. The Board provides a strong linkage between the Department and the professional community, and help the Department to achieve its strategic objectives.
The current IAB comprises key figures from leading corporate and government research institutions, including Ford Canada, QNX, CHEO, The Communications Research Centre (CRC),
Flirtey, Intel, and Ciena Canada.
Current IAB Members (alphabetical)
- Mark Chatterley, Senior Software Manager, Ford Canada
- Sheridan Ethier, Director, Engineering Middleware and Vertical, QNX
- Kim Greenwood, Director of Clinical Engineering at CHEO
- Marc Levesque, Vice-President of Wireless Technologies at The Communications Research Centre (CRC)
- Allison Malloy, Director Software Systems, Flirtey
- Farhana Sheikh, Senior Staff Scientist, Intel
- Rod Wilson, Chef Technologist, Research Networks, Ciena Canada