As of August 2017, the Department approved the creation of an Industrial Advisory Board (IAB) with the goal to further reinforce the liaison between the Department and industry. The role of IAB is to advise, support, and advocate for the Department in its educational endeavours. The Board provides a strong linkage between the Department and the professional community, and help the Department to achieve its strategic objectives.
The current IAB comprises key figures from leading corporate and government research institutions, including Ford Canada, QNX, CHEO, The Communications Research Centre (CRC),
Flirtey, Intel, and Ciena Canada.
Current IAB Members (alphabetical)
- Thusha Agampodi, Director of Engineering at Aurora Solar
- Ron Casselman, Systems Architecture Manager at Ericsson
- Mark Chatterley, Senior Software Manager at Ford Canada
- Troy English, CTO at RossVideo
- Sheridan Ethier, Senior Director, Middleware and Vertical Platforms at QNX
- Kim Greenwood, Director at Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario CHEO
- Marc Levesque, Vice-President of Wireless Technologies at The Communications Research Centre (CRC)
- Allison Malloy, Director of Engineering at Shopify
- Farhana Sheikh, Principal Engineer at Intel Corporation
- Rod Wilson, Chef Technologist, Research Networks, Ciena Canada
- Amy Yee, Chief Digital Officer at HSO