- Excellent scholarships for outstanding students:
- For domestic students: a limited number of 3-year tuition fee waiver scholarships for PhD students and 2-year fee waiver scholarships for MASc students.
- A variety of endowed scholarships.
- We offer a wide range of graduate programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering and Biomedical Engineering, with recognized strengths in real-time systems, the hardware-software interface, signal processing, telecommunications and networks, software engineering, analytics, and biomedical engineering. Graduate programs include master’s and PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and master’s and PhD programs in Biomedical Engineering.
- The Department is well known for the quality of its graduate research. Our faculty members are active researchers, journal editors, conference organizers, and grant holders who involve their graduate students from the very start of their programs. See examples of graduate student research.
- Carleton University is one of Canada’s major centres for teaching and research in Electrical and Computer Engineering and Biomedical Engineering:
- The department is a member of the Ottawa-Carleton Institute for Electrical and Computer Engineering (OCIECE), which also includes the Department of Electronics at Carleton University and the School of Information Technology and Engineering at the University of Ottawa. Together we form one of the largest Electrical and Computer Engineering programs in Canada, providing access to a very large number of graduate courses and laboratories. In addition, Carleton is also home to the School of Information Technology , with whom we share some graduate courses, and a large School of Computer Science.
- The department is a member of the Ottawa-Carleton Institute for Biomedical Engineering (OCIBME), which comprises four departments at Carleton University and three at the University of Ottawa, providing access to an extensive network of facilities and subject matter experts.
- Our laboratory facilities are extensive, with many donated by leading high technology companies; many other advanced facilities are available nearby via arrangements with government departments.
- Carleton University has a beautiful campus situated in a natural environment, bordered by the Rideau River and Vincent Massey Park on one side and the Rideau Canal and Central Experimental Farm on another. But the campus still provides easy access to the many museums and cultural facilities of the national capital, as well as nearby natural areas for hiking, skiing, camping and other outdoor pursuits.
- Using Drones to Increase Wireless Capacity
- A Better Way to Detect Anemia
- Helping Olympic Sledge Hockey Athletes
- Making Wireless Networks More Effective
- Engineering a Data-Driven Health-Care Revolution
- Making Software More Effective
- A PhD student explains why she choose Systems and Computer Engineering:
Our programs teach our graduate students valuable skills that are essential in getting them started in their own careers after graduation. Some examples of recent alumni success stories: