Beginning in 2019, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will require all designated educational institutions in Canada to file the T2202 Tuition and Enrolment Certificates forms. To prepare your T2202 form for the 2019 tax year, your Social Insurance Number (SIN) is now required. Subsection 237(1) of the Income Tax Act requires that you provide your SIN, upon request, to the preparer of the tax information slip. More information on this requirement can be found on the CRA website here.

If you have not provided your SIN as part of your student record, you must submit your SIN by following the steps below: