Five $1,500 awards are available
Are you an innovative educator excelling in your field? Consider taking time to apply for this award by Nov. 20.
The purpose of this award is to recognize teaching excellence by contract instructors at Carleton.
Recipients will receive a lump sum payment which will be taxed as salary income.
Contract Instructors who hold seniority are eligible to apply.
Candidates must submit an application form and a proposal through the online portal by Nov. 20. Applications cannot exceed 10 pages (excluding the application form).
What to include in your application
- Concise description of your interests which will be used in promotional material if you receive the award (75 word limit)
- Statement of teaching philosophy. (20 points)
- Student ratings of teaching (minimum of three years of data in summary form in the context of comparisons with academic unit and faculty averages.) (30 points)
- Brief summary of student comments from previous evaluations. (30 points)
- Other evidence to support your application, which may include information about previous teaching awards, past teaching innovations, publications related to teaching, unsolicited student feedback, etc. You may include up to three letters of support and, if you were nominated for this award, this may include the nominator’s letter of support. (20 points)
Recipients are selected by a committee composed of two CUPE 4600 appointees and two university employees. All candidates are rated according to their applications.
Nominate a colleague
Nominations must be submitted to the appropriate Faculty Dean by Sept. 30. Your Faculty Dean will determine if the nominee wishes to be considered for an award and will ask them to apply by the deadline. You can also support a colleague’s application by writing them a letter of support to include in their dossier.
This award is governed by the collective agreement between Carleton University and CUPE 4600, Unit 2.
Congratulations to all the previous recipients of the Contract Instructor Teaching Awards.