1. What steps should I take to withdraw from my program?
  2. How-To Video

What steps should I take to withdraw from my program?

  • It is advised that you first meet with an academic advisor. It is important that you are aware of the full scope of consequences associated with withdrawing from your program. You should consider whether you have a student loan, are a sponsored student, a varsity athlete, or have any other situation that requires a minimum course load for eligibility purposes.
  • Undergraduate students who wish to fully withdraw with no academic penalty may do so by completing the “Voluntary Withdrawal Form” (available in the “Downloads” section at the bottom of this page) and submitting it to the Registrar’s Office prior to the deadline to withdraw from courses.
  • You must withdraw from all courses via Carleton Central before their Voluntary Withdrawal request can be processed. The notation “Voluntary Withdrawal from Program” will appear on your transcript.
  • If you wish to resume your studies at a later date you must apply for admission to degree studies. This application may require additional documentation specified by the Admissions Regulations of the Undergraduate Calendar. Students who choose to remain active in their program will be made inactive after nine consecutive terms without registration.
  • Newly admitted students should not utilize this form – you can formally cancel or defer your admission by contacting the Undergraduate Admissions office. More information about your options can be found on the Admissions website.

How-To Video

This video will show you how to withdraw from your program if you need to do so.

Voluntary Withdrawal from Program | Carleton Central How-To (YouTube)