|Phone:||613-520-2600 x 5733|
- 2017 Winner of the COIN-OR Cup for best use of, or contribution to, the COIN-OR repository of open source software for operations research (along with ex-PhD students Mubashsharul Shafique and Laurence Smith).
- 2017 CORS Award of Merit “for numerous contributions to the theory and practice of Operations Research in Canada, and for significant contributions to the Canadian Operational Research Society”.
- 2017 Harvey J. Greenberg Award for Service from the INFORMS Computing Society
- 2014 NSERC Discovery Accelerator Supplement Grant
- 2007-2012 Editor-in-Chief of the INFORMS Journal on Computing
- 2006 IBM Faculty Award
- 2001, 2002, 2003 Listed as “Popular Prof” in Maclean’s Magazine Guide to Canadian Universities
- 1995 Research Achievement Award, Carleton University
- 1988 Scholarly Achievement Award, Carleton University
- Optimization: algorithms and applications
- Concurrent algorithms for optimization, for application to very large problems
- Nonlinear optimization (both local and global)
- Mixed integer optimization (both linear and nonlinear)
- Feasibility in optimization
- Applications in numerous areas, especially classifiers, data depth, cloud computing, communications