|Degrees:||Ph.D. (Buenos Aires)|
|Phone:||613-520-2600 x 1957|
Associate Chair for Graduate Studies, Systems and Computer Engineering
- 2017 runner-up Best Paper Award in CNS’17 (SpringSim 2017) for “Formal Modeling and Simulation To Analyze The Dynamics Of Malware Propagation In Networks Using Cell-DEVS” (by B. Kazi, G. Wainer)
- 2017 Best Paper Award in SimAUD 2017 for “Context-sensitive Personal Spaces for Dense Crowd Flow” (by O. Hesham, G. Wainer) (130 submissions).
- 2016 Fellow, the Society for Modeling and Simulation International (SCS).
- 2016 Best Paper Award at the Summer Computer Simulation Conference for “Centroidal Particles for Interactive Crowd Simulation” (by O. Hesham and G. Wainer) obtained the Best Paper Award . Montréal, QC (of 99 submissions).
- 2016 Overall Multiconference Best Paper Award at the SummerSim Multiconference for “Centroidal Particles for Interactive Crowd Simulation” (by O. Hesham and G. Wainer) (of 175 submissions).
- 2015 Distinguished Service Award by the Society for Modeling and Simulation
- 2015 Best Doctoral Consortium Paper Award at the IFAC/IFIP/IFORS Symposium on Information Control in Manufacturing (INCOM) for C. Ruiz-Martin, A. López, G. Wainer “Applying Complex Network Theory in the Assessment of Organizational Resilience”.
- 2015 Honorable Mention, Mobile App competition paper at the Spring Simulation Conference for “Mobile Simulation: Bringing Simulations to Smartphones”. M. Etemad, S. Wang, G. Wainer.
- 2014 Carleton University Research Achievement Award.
- 2013 Carleton University 2012-3 Faculty Graduate Mentoring Award.
- 2013 Distinguished Professional Achievement Award by the Society for Modeling and Simulation International (SCS) “for his numerous citations in the field of discrete-event simulation”.
- 2012 Best Symposium Award. Symposium of Theory of Modeling and Simulation. Spring Simulation Conference.
- 2011 Outstanding Professional Contribution Award by the Society for Modeling and Simulation International (SCS) “for his contributions to advancing the
state-of-the-art of discrete-event simulation and real-time simulation”.
- 2011 runner-up Best Paper Award at Summersim for “VCELL: A 3D Real-time Visual Simulation in Support of Combat” (by A. Ahmed, M. Moallemi, G. Wainer, S. Mahmoud) (of 120 submissions).
- 2011 Best Paper Award at the Symposium of Theory of Modeling and Simulation/DEVS 11 for “I-DEVS: a framework for imprecise computing in DEVS” (by O. Moallemi and G. Wainer) (of 91 submissions).
- 2011 Cited as Top-3 ranked Author in the field of Simulation (Last 10 years) by the Microsoft Academic Research site (February 1, 2011).
- 2010 The First Bernard P. Zeigler DEVS Modeling and Simulation Award.
- 2010 runner-up Best Paper Award at Springsim for “Advanced IDE for Modeling and Simulation of Discrete Event Systems” (by M. Bonaventura, G. Wainer, R. Castro) (of 350 submissions).
- 2010 runner-up Best Paper Award at the 2010 Symposium of Theory of Modeling and Simulation/DEVS for “Rational Time-Advance DEVS (RTA-DEVS)” (by H. Saadawi, G. Wainer) (of 94 submissions).
- 2010 runner-up Best Paper Award at the 2010 ACM/SCS Summer Computer Simulation Conference for “Applying the TPS Method To Modeling And Simulation Of Biological Systems” (by R. Goldstein, N. Farran, H. Yigang, S. Lissari, G. Wainer) (of 152 submissions).
- 2008 Senior Member of IEEE.
- 2007 SCS Leadership Award.
- 2005 Carleton University Research Achievement Award.
– DEVS formalism
– Real-Time modelling
– Cellular models
– Modelling and simulation methodologies and tools
– Parallel/distributed/Web-based simulation
– Real-Time operating systems