- Adding Audio or Video to a Page
- Embed Audio or Video from an External Source
- How to Add a YouTube Video
- Examples of Content to Embed to Portfolio
- Changing Height or Width of Embedded Media
In most cases when uploading a video, you will have to upload it first to Youtube or Vimeo or Carleton’s Media space and then embed it as external media into cuPortfolio.
When the file sizes are small, namely for shorter audio files, it can be uploaded directly from your computer.
First you need to check if the site you want to embed content from is an allowed source. To do this:
1. Click on the title/tab of the page you want to edit.
2. Click the ‘Edit’ icon (pencil) in top right corner to edit that page.
3. Click and hold down the red plus button to drag it onto your page and add a new content block.
4. Click on ‘External Media‘.
5. Copy the URL of the video or the embed code and paste it into the URL or embed code field.
6. Click Save.
Click here to view examples of various kinds of media you can embed in your portfolio including Timeline, Juxtapose, StoryMap, ThingLink, Infogram and more: https://cuportfolio.carleton.ca/view/view.php?t=8vGV7QlYiCFmaUw6EgLO
Sometimes when you embed external content into cuPortfolio, it will not perfectly fit the space in your page layout that you added it to. To change the height or width of the embedded media on a cuPortfolio page:
1. Open up the external media block of the media you would like to change the height or width of.
2. In the embed code, manually change the numbers for the height and/or width of the media. This will require a bit of trial and error.
3. Press Save.
Note: make sure you check out what the media looks like in the Display page view of the portfolio, not just the editing view.
Was this page helpful?
no one has found this useful yet.