- Adding Audio or Video to a Page
- Embed Audio or Video from an External Source
- Examples of Content to Embed to Portfolio
- Changing Height or Width of Embedded Media
There are two main options to add audio or video to your portfolio. They are (1) uploading a file directly from your computer (2) embedding content from the internet.
Embedding an Audio Recording or Video from an External Online Source
For instructions on how to embed a YouTube or Vimeo video click here.
For instructions on how to embed a SoundCloud track click here.
First you need to check if the site you want to embed content from is an allowed source. To do this:
2. Click on the External Media tab to see an extended list of choices.
3. Under the extended list, select External Media (Note: Do not use Media).
4. Drag the External media block to the page.
5. On the pop up box that appears you will see a list of the allowed external media sources. Check to see if the website you want to embed content from is an allowed source.
Note: If you do not see the website you would like to use, try to see if you can get the content from another website. For example, TED videos from the TED website are not allowed but you can find most TED videos on YouTube.
6. If your video/audio is from an allowed source then you can copy the embed code or URL and paste it into the URL or embed code field.
7. Press Save
Click here to view examples of various kinds of media you can embed in your portfolio including Timeline, Juxtapose, StoryMap, ThingLink, Infogram and more: https://cuportfolio.carleton.ca/view/view.php?t=8vGV7QlYiCFmaUw6EgLO
Sometimes when you embed external content into cuPortfolio, it will not perfectly fit the space in your page layout that you added it to. For example, in the image below there is too much white space above and below the ThinkLink presentation:
Alternatively, external content may embed with scroll bars like the example below:
To change the height or width of the embedded media on a cuPortfolio page:
1. Open up the external media block of the media you would like to change the height or width of.
2. In the embed code, manually change the numbers for the height and/or width of the media. This will require a bit of trial and error.
3. Press Save.
Note: make sure you check out what the media looks like in the Display page view of the portfolio, not just the editing view.
Was this page helpful?
no one has found this useful yet.