Student Process for Lab Materials, Services, and Tool Rentals:
Due to COVID-19 during the 2020/2021 academic year, the School of Industrial Design will cover the cost of course required laboratory materials and services including shipping. Packages within Canada will use Canada Post, regular parcel service, which takes 7-14 business days. International packages will be shipped via FedEx. If you wish to use FedEx within Canada you will be charged the FedEx shipping cost.
- Consult and get sign off with your course instructor on your project needs. You can view what services and materials are offered via the following link – https://carleton.ca/id/student-info/lab-material/lab-price-list/.
- Book an appointment with your Point Lab Technician – https://carleton.ca/id/student-info/lab-material/lab-booking-system/.
- Student completes the required Lab form:
- Material form – https://carleton.ca/id/student-info/lab-material/lab-material-request/
- Service form – https://carleton.ca/id/student-info/lab-material/service-file-upload/
- Tool Rental Form – https://carleton.ca/id/student-info/lab-material/lab-tool-rental/
- Shipping of item:
- If you are within the Ottawa area, the Chief Lab Technician, Walter Zanetti, will notify you when your package is ready. Once he has notified you, please email Walter.Zanetti@carleton.ca to coordinate a curbside pickup date and time.
- If you are outside the Ottawa area, the Chief Lab Technician, Walter Zanetti, will prepare the package and deliver the package to the Carleton mailroom, who will send it via Canada Post or FedEx. Please note the Carleton mailroom is only open Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Packages shipped by Canada Post regular parcel service will take 7-14 business days depending on your location. International packages will vary. If you request FedEx within Canada you will be charged for the FedEx shipping cost. Please use the shipping estimate tool on our website for a more accurate estimate – https://carleton.ca/id/student-info/lab-material/shipping-costs/.
- On the first business day of every month, you will receive an invoice for any lab services and/or materials, which you have incurred charges. Students will not be charged for course required materials or services. If you have received an invoice for materials or services that were for a course required deliverable please email Tammy.Tracey@carleton.ca. Please pay all invoices via the following link – https://carleton.ca/id/student-info/lab-material/lab-payments/.
Note: Please email Walter.Zanetti@carleton.ca to cancel a request.