Are you an international student completing your program in Fall 2019? Are you planning to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit? The International Student Services Office (ISSO) wants you to know:

  • If you plan to stay in Canada, or if you plan to leave and return to Canada  before getting your work permit, make sure you have valid documents.
  • Make sure you understand what work is authorized during the period that you transition from student to worker.
  • The ISSO recommends applying online for the work permit, not at the border.
  • To apply for the work permit, you need a school letter confirming you are eligible to graduate. You can get this letter once all your grades are posted. Undergrads: visit the ISSO. Grad students: ask your department or the FGPA.
  • If your transcript shows any part-time terms, or complete withdrawals for a term, visit an immigration advisor at the ISSO before you apply for the work permit.

Learn more about the information sessions happening in January by visiting our events page; or visit an immigration advisor at the ISSO anytime.