- Global Peer Advisors Lending Support (PALS) Program
- What Participants Can Expect
- Meet Our Global Peer Advisors
- Ready to Connect?
Global Peer Advisors are upper year and graduate-level international Ravens who are here to support you! They lend support to international students who have questions or want extra guidance on social and cultural topics during their studies at Carleton.
Through the Global PALS program, you can gain support and guidance on:
- Life in Ottawa
- Making friends
- Getting involved on campus
- Carleton resources and student supports
- Canadian culture
- And more!
International students can have questions at any time in their university journey. As a result, the Global PALS program is open to all Carleton international students. This includes current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as incoming and exchange students.
Through the Global PALS program, you can expect:
- To connect with an upper year international student via email or virtual meetings
- Answers to your questions about Ottawa, Canadian culture, campus life, and difficulties you could experience as an international student
- Timely tips to prepare for possible stressors throughout the year
- Flexible participation: some students find the information they want in one session, while others prefer to connect with a Global Peer Advisor regularly
Complete the Global PALS sign up form to be matched with a Global Peer Advisor!