Carleton University manages commercial agreements with wireless providers. Effective June 1, 2019, all full-time faculty and staff requiring a mobile device for business purposes are required to use the University’s centrally managed corporate account.
Carleton University permits the use of a corporate device for personal use providing it is in accordance with the university’s Acceptable Use Policy for Information Technology and any costs or surcharges associated to the personal are reimbursed to the university.
The University has set of terms and conditions that include but are not limited to:
- Maximum reimbursement limits for personal devices
- National and International packages
- Device damage
See visit our Mobile Services website for the complete list of terms and conditions.
All users of mobile devices are responsible for:
- Ensuring reasonable measures are taken to protect the device from physical damage or theft
- Ensuring that safeguards and protection mechanisms intended to protect data on mobile technologies are not tampered with or modified
- Immediately reporting the loss or theft of a mobile device to the ITS Service Desk
If you are having your personal phone reimbursed by the university, please contact the ITS Service Desk to have your phone transferred over to the corporate plan.
For more details, please see the Acquisition of Cellular Services Policy.