NPSIA-PT&D is very pleased to announce the next offerings of our Manager’s Certificate in International-Critical Infrastructure Protection, Pipeline and Linear Network Security program in cooperation with HPI – Hugh A. Palmer, Inc. from April 13-17, 2015 in Istanbul, Turkey.
REGISTRATION – registration for this workshop is now open.
DATES: Monday April 13 to Friday April 17, 2015
Location: The Crowne Plaza – Old City, Istanbul Turkey
Fee: $3500 CAD / USD + $295 CAD / USD for those wishing to take the PSS Part 1 qualification exam on March 28, 2015.
Registration: click here to download the registration form
Registration deadline: March 18, 2015
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of this training program candidates must be accepted through an approval process. NPSIA-PT&D reserves the right to decline enrollment on a “without prejudice basis.”
What is the Manager’s Certificate in International-Critical Infrastructure Protection, Pipeline and Linear Network Security program?
Designed to develop professional skills in protecting national and international Critical Infrastructures, with a focus on pipeline networks and their associated facilities, this workshop is being offered in conjunction with HPI’s industry recognized Pipeline Security Specialist™ Program.
The Manager’s Certificate is an intensive 5-day version of the PSS Part 1, Academic workshop, delivered in lecture and team project format for Oil and Gas pipeline design, operations and security Managers.
Participants complete the program with the Manager’s Certificate in International-Critical Infrastructure Protection, Pipeline Security and also qualify for the HPI-PSS Part 1 certificate of advancement toward the Pipeline Security Specialist ™ credential.
For further information please contact the Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the PSS Program please visit www.pipelinesecurity.ca
The workshop modules include:
1) Introduction to Oil & Gas Pipeline Security
2) Adversary Assessment & Methodology
3) The Pipeline Security Specialist™ Team Concept
4) Specialized Techniques for Pipeline Network Protection
5) Investigative Techniques for Pipeline Security Incidents
Participants are mentored and evaluated throughout the duration of the workshop by the HPI training team.
The training team introduces the Pipeline Security Specialist™ Team Concept to provide candidates with specialized techniques for identifying key assets and vulnerable locations, recognizing adversary target assessment and attack methodology, responding to incidents, collecting Incident Scene Data and conducting incident location analysis.
Learning objectives in this workshop include:
- understanding the project cycle as a tool for the study and analysis of critical infrastructure security
- develop analytical skills using the HPI adversarial assessment method of ‘Think Like Your Adversary’
- learn how to systematically apply the HPI adversarial assessment method in practice
- new techniques and prescriptive insight for managing the pipeline security function and enhancing pipeline security operations
- learn specialized investigation techniques applicable to pipeline network incidents and threat response
Who should participate?
All prospective candidates will be vetted and must provide corporate credentials certifying that they are Managment level professionals in the following sectors: security, military, government, industry, engineering, environment or law enforcement and all related energy personnel. Educators and researchers responsible for the training and preparation of pipeline security, management and operations personnel may also qualify to participate.
HPI and NPSIA-PT&D reserve the right to exclude any prospective candidate from this workshop on a ‘Without Prejudice Basis.’