The Professional Certificate in International Energy and Natural Resource Infrastructure Protection
Designed to develop professional skills in protecting national and international Critical Infrastructures, with a focus on pipeline networks and their associated facilities, this workshop is offered in conjunction with HPI’s industry recognized Pipeline Security Specialist™ Programme. This unique workshop is also designed for professionals responsible for the protection of physical, linear, networked assets including hydro-electric distribution, fibre optics and road and rail systems.
This intense 4-day workshop consists of four modules, delivered in a series of lectures and team projects.
Registration: registration for this workshop is now open. Please download the registration form here.
Dates: Monday May 13 to Thursday May 16, 2019
Training Location: Carleton University – Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Language of Instruction: English
Time: 9 AM to 4:30 PM daily
Program Fee: EARLY FEE until April 26, 2019: $ 1,500 + HST. Then $ 1,800.00 + HST
Student Fee*: $ 500 + HST Please contact the Associate Director to enroll: email@example.com
* Students must be full or part-time enrolled in a recognized post-secondary Institution.
The workshop modules include:
- Introduction to Energy and Natural Resource Protection and Security
- Adversary Assessment & Methodology
- The Protection process concept
- Specialized Techniques for networked asset Protection and Energy and Natural Resource incident response.
Learning objectives in this workshop include:
- understanding the project cycle as a tool for the study and analysis of critical infrastructure protection
- develop analytical skills using the HPI adversarial assessment method of ‘Think Like Your Adversary’
- learn how to systematically apply the HPI adversarial assessment method in practice
- new techniques and prescriptive insight for managing energy and natural resource security functions and enhancing operations
- learn specialized investigation techniques applicable to resource network incidents and threat response
Who should participate?
All prospective candidates will be vetted and must provide corporate credentials certifying that they are professionals employed in industry, government and / or military or law-enforcement. This workshop is particularly relevant for Operations and Maintenance personnel, inspectors and integrity managers as well as safety and security personnel working with pipeline, power-transmission, and rail and road transportation .
HPI and NPSIA-PT&D reserve the right to exclude any prospective candidate from this workshop on a ‘Without Prejudice Basis.’
IMPORTANT – International Candidates
Prospective candidates seeking to participate in this workshop and who require visas for entry to Canada MUST complete their registration WITH payment by the prescribed date on the workshop registration form to receive a Letter of Welcome, validating their entry to Canada for the duration as a training program participant.
NOTE!!!!!! It is the responsibility of the candidate and/or his/her employer to determine the procedures, requirements and processing time of the local or regional Canadian Consular Office. To learn more please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
Receiving a letter of welcome from NPSIA-PT&D provides no guarantee or warrantee that a candidate will have sufficient time to acquire a visa to Canada.