As a Zoom meeting host, you can enable live transcription to provide closed captions during your meeting. You also have the option to upload your Zoom recordings to MediaSpace to generate automatic machine transcriptions, as well as edit the transcription text.
- Automatic Live Transcription – Enable Live Transcription to provide live closed captions for your Zoom meetings
- MediaSpace Transcription – Upload your Zoom recordings to MediaSpace to generate automatic machine transcriptions
Zoom has developed a live automatic transcription service that you can use to provide live captions for your meetings or webinars. Zoom also offers cloud-based audio transcription.
- Using audio transcription for Zoom recordings – Find out how to generate transcriptions, view/edit transcriptions, display transcriptions as closed captions, and more.
- Using Closed Captioning and Live Transcription in Zoom
- You must save your meeting or webinar recordings directly on to the Zoom cloud to access this service. It will not transcribe your recordings if you save it locally to your computer.
- Live transcription will only work in the main meeting room and will not work in breakout rooms.
- Zoom’s automatic transcription services do not currently have profanity filters. Using Cloud Recording Playback
Enabling Live Transcription in Zoom
You can enable live transcription for your Zoom meeting in two steps:
- Enable Live Transcription for all Meetings in your Zoom account settings
- Enable Live Transcription during your Meeting
Upload your Zoom recordings to MediaSpace to generate automatic machine transcriptions with a built-in profanity filter. Once you have uploaded your Zoom recording to MediaSpace, you can edit the transcriptions and download your captions as a .txt file