Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Ontario Parks Student Employment Opportunity
February 8, 2024 at 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
Who this is for: Open to all current students interested in summer employment with Ontario Parks.
What you will get out of it: Learn about the Park Ranger positions and how to apply.
Ontario Parks is hiring students for summer 2024!
Ontario Parks protects ecologically important spaces throughout Ontario – from the shores of Lake Erie up to the boreal forests of Northern Ontario. It takes lots of people working together to preserve these spaces while welcoming visitors from Ontario and beyond.
This summer, adventure within Ontario’s forests, beaches, rivers, and lakes while gaining job skills and experience!
Whatever your interest, there’s a role for you at Ontario Parks!
Every park requires a team effort to ensure parks become a better place for fantastic opportunities to view wildlife and connect with nature. These experiences would not be if it weren’t for the students that work at Ontario Parks each year.
Ontario Parks offers a friendly and inclusive environment with tons of outdoor adventure opportunities. Learn new skills, make new friends, and advance your career all while getting paid to do it!
What to Expect
A virtual session in which professionals from Parks Ontario will be telling you about their upcoming student opportunities, what it’s like working for Parks Ontario, and the application process.
How to Prepare
- Have a personal laptop or desktop ready so you can participate in the session.
- Test your camera and microphone ahead of time. We highly encourage participants to have their cameras on to better engage with the visiting Ontario Parks professionals.
- Plan your video call background. It is recommend taking the call within a professional looking space or blurring the background if not possible.
- Be prepared for interactive polling features during the session.
- Get your resume updated! Consider visiting Career Services (401 Tory Building) for a review of your resume; drop-in hours are Monday-Friday 1-4pm.
- Research the employer ahead of time. Read more about Ontario Parks on their main webpage and learn about their student positions on their Careers page.
How to Attend
You will receive the video link in advance of the event.
Learn more about the student employment positions and apply on the Ontario Parks site.
If you have any questions, or require accommodations for a disability to participate in this session, please contact Career Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the mySuccess Co-op and Career Workshops and Events calendar to register.