- What is an International Internship?
An international internship is an opportunity to work internationally for academic credit, and is typically unpaid. Internships are an excellent way to gain real-world work experience, develop contacts in your field and build your resume to market yourself for future career opportunities.
Internship details are as follows:
- Internships take place during the summer term
- Internships are between 6 and 12 weeks, and equivalent to full-time work (35 hours per week)
- Positions are unpaid, but students receive academic credit as part of their internship (Course: IPAF 3900 is half a credit for a 6-week internship, IPAF 3901 is a full credit for a 12-week internship)
In order to be eligible for the program, students must:
- have a minimum 7.0 CGPA
- have 3rd year standing by the time they go abroad
- be registered in an Undergraduate degree program at Carleton
Students enrolled in this program are eligible for the International Internship Bursary, which provides them $500 – $2,500 in funding for these experiences.
- October 18, 2019: Deadline to apply to take part in the International Internship Program for summer 2020
- November 1, 2019: Applications for individual opportunities with specific organizations open
- December 4, 2019: Deadline to apply for specific positions
- January 31, 2020: Internships are secured
- Feb 1- March 30, 2020 – Preparation (Visa, passport, apply for funding, travel arrangements)
- April 8, 2020: Pre-departure Information Session
- Summer 2020: Internships take place overseas
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more!