A virtual international internship is an opportunity to work internationally for academic credit, and is typically unpaid. Internships are an excellent way to gain real-world work experience, develop contacts in your field and build your resume to market yourself for future career opportunities.
Internship details are as follows:
- Internships are available in the fall, winter, and summer term
- Internships start at 6-weeks and can be customized to fit your course schedule
- Positions are unpaid, but students are required to enroll in the academic course as part of their internship (Course: GINS 3930 is half a credit and GINS 3931 is a full credit)
In order to be eligible for the program, students must:
- have a minimum 6.5 CGPA
- have 2nd year standing by the time they start their internship
- be registered in an Undergraduate degree program at Carleton
If you are interested in participating in an internship, apply for the Summer 2022 term now!
Students enrolled in this program are eligible for the International Internship Bursary, which provides up to $2,500 in funding for these experiences.
Hi Ravens! My name is Amy and I completed a 10-week virtual internship this summer with One Young World, in partnership with the Global Career Centre.
Participating in a virtual international internship was an eye-opener to the type of work I can potentially expect once I graduate from my Bachelor of Global and International Studies degree at Carleton. I was able to explore the kinds of work that interest me through working with an internationally focused charity organization. I was fortunate to be working closely with knowledgeable coworkers on a close-knit team and was able to build and expand my skills and knowledge through professional development opportunities.
Read more about Amy’s experience here!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more!