- What is an international internship?
An international internship is an opportunity to work internationally for academic credit, and is normally unpaid. Internships are an excellent way to gain real-world work experience, develop contacts in your field and build your resume to market yourself for future career opportunities.
Internship details are as follows:
- Internships take place during the Summer Term
- Internships are between 6 and 12 weeks, and equivalent to full-time work (35 hours per week)
- Positions are unpaid, but students receive academic credit as part of their internship (Course: IPAF 3900 is half a credit and for a 6-week internship, IPAF 3901 is a full credit and for a 12-week internship)
In order to be eligible for the program, students must:
- have a minimum 7.0 CGPA
- have 3rd year standing by the time they go abroad
- be registered in an Undergraduate degree program at Carleton
The application cycle for Summer 2019 closed on October 12th. If you would like to participate, we encourage you to check back in September 2019 when our applications for the Summer 2020 internship term will open.
Students enrolled in this program are eligible for the International Internship Bursary, which provides them $500 – $2,500 in funding for these experiences.
- October 12th, 2018: Deadline to apply to take part in the International Internship Program for Summer 2019
- October 30th, 2018: Applications for individual opportunities with specific organizations open
- December 2nd, 2018: Deadline to apply for specific positions
- January 31st, 2019: Internships are secured
- Feb 1- March 30 – Preparation (Visa, passport, apply for funding, travel arrangements)
- April 2019: Pre-departure Information Session
- Summer 2019: Internships take place overseas
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more!