Prepare for your Next Interview
Interviews are an important part of the job search process and the key to success is through preparation.
Check out our resources below to ensure you make a great impression.
- Be ready! Review Preparing for an Interview, a step-by-step guide for before, during, and after your interview.
Types of Interviews
- Get an overview of the different Types of Interviews and find key tips for successfully tackling each style.
- Is your interview online or over the phone? Review tips for commonly used interview styles such as Skype Interviews and Phone Interviews.
- Learn how to recognize the different Types of Interview Questions and the best way to prepare your response.
- Read through common Sample Interview Questions to get a better sense of the questions that you may be asked in your next interview.
- Review Tips for Gaining and Providing References to ensure that you have your references ready!
Practice makes perfect! No matter what type of interview you are applying for, Career Services can help you prepare. Check out our resources below to learn about our in-person and online mock interview services.
Practice your interview skills in a one-on-one mock interview with an experienced staff member at the Career Services office!
- Please phone the Career Services Front Desk at 613-520-6611 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your mock interview
- OR visit Career Services in 401 Tory Building for a mock interview during our drop-in hours of 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Reminder: Have your resume and job details/description available! *
Types of Mock Interviews Available
Visit the Career Services office in 401 Tory
|Over the Phone
For distance students or those wanting to practice phone interviews
Schedule a mock interview with a Career Consultant via Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or the Built in Video Chat on mySuccess.
|MMI or Professional School Prep
Prepare for interviews for dentistry, medical school, or other professional programs!