Career Support for International Students
Are you looking for work in Canada? As an international student, Career Services can support you throughout each step of your career development from reviewing your resume, to exploring your career options with you! If you are unable to visit our office in person, you can access our services via phone or email as needed.
Below are some career and employment-related resources for international students:
“Navigating the Canadian Workplace”: Workshop Series for International Students and Students who are Newcomers to Canada
Register for Navigating the Canadian Workplace! Navigating the Canadian Workplace is a workshop series that is offered in fall and winter (for fall 2023 it will be offered in person and asynchronously). This series is designed specifically to support international students, and students who are newcomers, as you explore strategies for finding work in Canada and transition into the Canadian workplace.
Workshop topics include:
- Beginning your job search and building your resume
- Canadian Workplace Culture
- Introduction to the Canadian Hiring Process
- What To Expect in a Job Interview
- Transitioning into the Canadian Workplace
Get the full details and how to sign up on the Workshops page.
- International Student Services Office (ISSO)
- Academic Writing for English Language Learners at the Centre for Student Academic Support (CSAS)
- Health & Counselling Services
- Equity Services
- Ombuds Services
In the Community
- For specific information regarding work permits and other immigration support please contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The ISSO has compiled a very helpful immigration support guide of direct links to IRCC.
- World Skills offers a variety of employment related workshops and resources throughout the year that students and members of the public are welcome to explore.
- CCI Ottawa promotes and facilitates the reception of newcomers to Canada and assists newcomers to realize their full potential in Canadian society.