Career Support for International Students
Are you looking for work in Canada? As an international student, Career Services can support you throughout each step of your career development from reviewing your resume, to exploring your career options with you! If you are unable to visit our office in person, you can access our services via phone or email as needed.
Below are some career and employment-related resources for international students:
“Navigating the Canadian Workplace”: 5-week Workshop Series for International Students and Students who are Newcomers to Canada
Register for Navigating the Canadian Workplace! Navigating the Canadian Workplace is a virtual workshop series that is offered in fall and winter. This series is designed specifically to support international students, and students who are newcomers, as you explore strategies for finding work in Canada and transition into the Canadian workplace.
How to sign up: Please fill out the Navigating the Canadian Workplace registration form (Registration is open now and the workshops will be available from September 19 to November 21, 2022, for the Fall term.)
- International Student Services Office (ISSO)
- Academic Writing for English Language Learners at the Centre for Student Academic Support (CSAS)
- Health & Counselling Services
- Equity Services
- Ombuds Services
In the Community
- For specific information regarding work permits and other immigration support please contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The ISSO has compiled a very helpful immigration support guide of direct links to IRCC.
- World Skills offers a variety of employment related workshops and resources throughout the year that students and members of the public are welcome to explore.