Career Support for International Students
Are you looking for work in Canada? As an international student, Career Services can support you throughout each step of your career development from reviewing your resume, to exploring your career options with you! If you are unable to attend a drop-in session, you can access our services via phone or email as needed.
Below are some specialized programs we offer international students:
Culture Walks Program
The Culture Walks Program is a mentorship program connecting students who have in-depth international experience with students who are embarking on internships abroad. As a Culture Walks Mentor, you will have the opportunity to share your experience living abroad with fellow students, develop your leadership skills, enhance your communication skills, and build your resume!
This is a great opportunity to develop your leadership experience!
- Open to undergraduate and graduate students with experience living abroad
- Minimum of 2nd year standing
“I want a job in Canada. Where do I start?” 5-week Workshop Series
Are you looking for a job in Canada but not sure where to begin? Career Services is excited to hold a 5-week workshop series especially designed to support international students in finding a job in Canada! For more information about this workshop series, please visit our Workshops page.
- International Student Services Office (ISSO)
- English Conversation Sessions at the Centre for Student Academic Support (CSAS)
- Health & Counselling Services
- Equity Services
- Ombuds Services
In the Community
- For specific information regarding work permits and other immigration support please contact Citizen and Immigration Canada (CIC). The ISSO has compiled a very helpful immigration support guide of direct links to CIC here.
- World Skills offers a variety of employment related workshops and resources throughout the year that students and members of the public are welcome to explore!
Drop-in to Career Services in 401 Tory!
- If you have any questions, visit us Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (613) 520-6611.