- Employer Information Sessions
- Preparation Tips for Employer Information Sessions
- Book an Information Session
- Upcoming Information Sessions
In collaboration with existing and new employers and organizations, Career Services hosts a number of recruitment events, like employer information sessions, throughout the academic year to give students the opportunity to connect with professionals in their field(s) of interest and explore their career options.
Employers host sessions throughout the year for Carleton students and new graduates interested in learning about career opportunities available at their organization. In an employer information session you can learn about:
- employment opportunities
- service or product overviews
- workplace culture
- hiring process and practices
- tips for career development
- Review the information session description and job postings on mySuccess to determine which sessions are best for you to attend.
- When attending an information session, consider it a professional meeting opportunity to impress an employer and be remembered. We recommend students dress business casual when attending in-person sessions.
- Prior to attending, research the organization and their career opportunities; this will provide you with an opportunity to engage with the employer and ask questions.
- Bring an updated professional resume to the session, just in case the employer is willing to accept it.
- All sessions will provide the opportunity to network with employer representatives. Be prepared to introduce yourself, share information about yourself, and ask good questions. Prepare an elevator pitch to introduce yourself and include the following: what you are studying, when you will graduate, key strengths, career interests, and a question to continue the conversation.
- Prepare to ask relevant questions. Use your research to prepare at least three questions.
- When closing your conversation with the employer, thank them for their time and offer your resume. You may also ask for their business card to follow up.
- Send a short email to follow up with the employer within a week of the session to reiterate your interest in their organization and career opportunity.
If you are an employer and you would like to book a recruitment information session for your organization, please visit Carleton’s Employers website.
There are no upcoming events scheduled at this time.