Career Services has a variety of workshops available to both students and alumni through mySuccess. These workshops require advance registration on our mySuccess portal and are held on campus.
“I want a Job in Canada. Where do I start?” 5-week Workshop Series for International Students and Students who are Newcomers to Canada
Are you looking for a job in Canada but not sure where to begin? Career Services is excited to hold a 5-week workshop series especially designed to support international students and students who are newcomers in finding a job in Canada! The topics in the workshop series include:
- Session 1: Beginning your job search and building your resume
- Session 2: Canadian Workplace Culture
- Session 3: Introduction to the Canadian Hiring Process
- Session 4: What To Expect in a Job Interview
- Session 5: Transitioning into the Canadian Workplace (Featuring a Guest Speaker!)
- Connect with our guest speaker! A Carleton University Alum who was once a Carleton International Student will share their experience finding work in Canada and transitioning into the Canadian workplace.
Students are highly encouraged to attend all 5 sessions in the series, and by attending all workshops you can add this activity to your CCR!
What to expect: A supportive environment in which you can ask questions, interact with your peers and learn about integrating into the Canadian workplace. A Career Counsellor will facilitate each workshop session and help to introduce you to Canadian hiring and workplace culture, as well as how to begin an effective job search.
How to sign up: Register on mySuccess. Each of the five workshops in this series require individual registration.
Please note: You don’t have to attend all five workshops, you can choose to only attend the workshops with topics that will be the most beneficial to you! However, if you do attend all five workshops in the series, you will be eligible to receive the Navigating the Canadian Workplace Acknowledgement on your CCR!