Career Services hosts a variety of workshops available to both students and alumni. All workshops require advance registration.
Navigating the Canadian Workplace
Workshop registration is now open for fall 2023!
Are you looking for a job in Canada but aren’t sure where to begin? Are you thinking about working in Canada in the near future and looking for resources to answer some of your questions?
Navigating the Canadian Workplace is a workshop series designed to support international students, and students who are newcomers to Canada, as you explore strategies for finding work and transition into the Canadian workplace.
Workshop topics include:
- Beginning Your Job Search and Building Your Resume
- Canadian Workplace Culture
- Introduction to the Canadian Hiring Process
- What to Expect in a Job Interview
- Transitioning into the Canadian Workplace
There are two ways to take part in this workshop series:
- Sign up for each in-person workshop on mySuccess that interests you (you can sign up for all of them or just a few). You will automatically be registered in the asynchronous workshop course on Brightspace. This online course contains the slides covered in the workshop, optional assignments and quizzes, and further useful information. If you miss an in-person session, you can still follow along asynchronously. In-person workshops will run Tuesdays from September 19-October 17, 2:30-4pm, in Nicol 3040.
- Sign up for the asynchronous workshop via the registration form. For this format, you do not need to attend the in-person sessions and can do as many of the workshops that interest you. This is a self-directed workshop series, meaning you can complete the individual workshops at your own pace. You will have September 19-November 24 to complete the workshops.
If you have any questions or need assistance with registering, please email ISWorkshops@cunet.carleton.ca.
There are no upcoming events scheduled at this time.
Please note: You don’t have to complete all five workshops, you can choose to only complete the workshops with topics that will be the most beneficial to you! However, if you do complete all five workshops in the series, you will be eligible to receive the Navigating the Canadian Workplace Acknowledgement on your Co-Curricular Record (CCR)!