Career Services has a variety of workshops available to both students and alumni through . These workshops require advance registration on our mySuccess portal and are held on the Carleton University campus.
Know Yourself to Target your Future Career
Graduating soon and wondering what’s next? Attend this workshop to gain insight into your unique preferences, strengths, values and interests to clarify your career path and assist with your job search.
|Wednesday, September 27, 2017||1:30 to 3:30 p.m.||Discovery Centre 481|
|Thursday, October 5, 2017||10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.||Discovery Centre 481|
|Tuesday, October 17, 2017||11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.||1501 CTTC|
|Monday, November 6, 2017||11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.||1501 CTTC|
|Tuesday, November 21, 2017||2:00 to 4:00 p.m.||Discovery Centre 481|
In this workshop you will:
- Identify the importance of self-knowledge for career planning and job search
- Develop an understanding of how personality and work-fit impacts positive career choices
- Gain self-knowledge through completion and evaluation of your Typefocus and Character Strengths Inventory results
- Build a personalized career “wish list” through the assessment of your values and skills
- Discover how to incorporate new-found self-knowledge to identify career paths and market to potential employers
PLEASE NOTE: You must complete the TYPEFOCUS Assessment and the VIA Character Strengths Inventory prior to this workshop. Once you have registered for the workshop, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on accessing the assessments. Both assessments will take approximately 20 minutes each to complete.
How to sign up: Register on mySuccess for any of the above five sessions.
“I want a Job in Canada. Where do I start?” 5-week Workshop Series for International Students
Are you looking for a job in Canada but not sure where to begin? Career Services is excited to hold a 5-week workshop series especially designed to support international students in finding a job in Canada!
|Every Tuesday from September 19 to October 17||3:00 to 4:00 p.m.||1500 CTTC|
The topics in the workshop series include:
- Session 1: How to Effectively Begin your Job Search in Canada – Tuesday, September 19
- Session 2: Canadian Workplace Culture – Tuesday, September 26
- Session 3: What to Expect in a Job Interview – Tuesday, October 3
- Session 4: Introduction to the Canadian Hiring Process – Tuesday, October 10
- Session 5: Transitioning into the Canadian Workplace (Featuring a Guest Speaker!) – Tuesday, October 17
- Connect with our guest speaker! A Carleton University Alumna who was once a Carleton International Student will share her experience finding work in Canada and transitioning into the Canadian workplace
Students are highly encouraged to attend all 5 sessions in the series, and by attending all workshops you can add this activity to your CCR!
What to expect: A supportive environment in which you can ask questions, interact with your peers and learn about integrating into the Canadian workplace. A Career Consultant will facilitate each workshop session and help to introduce you to Canadian hiring and workplace culture, as well as how to begin an effective job search.
How to sign up: Register on mySuccess. Each of the five workshops in this series require individual registration.
Please note: You don’t have to attend all five workshops, you can choose to only attend the workshops with topics that will be the most beneficial to you! However, if you do attend all five workshops in the series, you will be eligible to receive the Navigating the Canadian Workplace Acknowledgement on your CCR!