List of past events sponsored by the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence at Carleton University:
For upcoming events, see under CES Events.
- October 26, 2016: The European Union at Crossroads: A Perspective from Germany, Michael Roth, Minister of State for Europe in the Foreign Office of the Federal Republic of Germany (JMCE-CU Lecture series)
- October 31, 2016: Europeans Outside Europe: How to Govern a Regional Diaspora?, Dr. Agnieszka Weinar, Carleton University/European University Institute (JMCE-CU Research Seminar)
- November 17, 2016: The Migrant Crisis and its Impact on the Western Balkan Countries, the EU and NATO, Dr. Zoran Jolevski, Minister of Defence of the Republic of Macedonia (JMCE-CU Lecture Series)
- December 1, 2016: Goodbye Britannia? Brexit and Britain’s Approach to International Relations, Dr. Tim Oliver, London School of Economics (JMCE-CU Lecture Series)
- March 24, 2017: The EU and Canada in a Changing World Order: Addressing Structural Changes in a World in Flux, various speakers (JMCE-CU Policy Workshop)
- March 30, 2017: Romania’s Transition and European Integration: The Curious History of a Kleptocratic Democracy, Dr. Andrea Wagner, MacEwan University (JMCE-CU Lecture Series)
- April 6, 2017: Troubled Neighbourhood: Reassessing Key-Concepts of EU Common Foreign and Security Policy, Dr. Ilkka Liikanen, University of Eastern Finland (JMCE-CU Research Seminar)
- April 19, 2017: European Defense Policy in an Age of Global Uncertainty: A Perspective from Germany,
Dr. Tobias Lindner, Member of the German Bundestag (JMCE-CU Lecture Series)
- May 24, 2017: The EU’s Global Strategy: Is It Up to the Challenge?, Dr. Antonio Missiroli, EU Institute for Security Studies (JMCE-CU Lecture Series)
- September 18, 2017: Scandinavia in International Relations: Norm Entrepreneurs and Reluctant Europeans, Dr. Anders Wivel, University of Copenhagen (JMCE-CU Lecture Series)
- September 25, 2017: EU Cooperation on Security and Anti-Terrorism, Anders Vistisen, Member of the European Parliament (JMCE-CU Lecture Series)
Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence events are funded in part by a grant from the European Union Erasmus+ Programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport and supported by Carleton University.