Number Theory – Grades 6 & 7*
*Refers to the level of mathematics and not to the actual age.
This is a challenging pre-algebra course. Some of the topics that will discuss include the following:
- Arithmetic with negative numbers and with fractions
- Simplifying difficult arithmetic expressions
- Divisibility, prime numbers
- Greatest common divisors
- Euclidean algorithm for finding greatest common divisors
- Arithmetic with remainders, applications to cryptography
- Arithmetic with the binary system and other bases
2020/21 Course Information
Carleton University will be operating online at least until December 2020. We will not be able to offer this course until University is open for regular classes.
For details please write to email@example.com.
**Please note we are unable to answer any enquiries by phone.**