Number Theory – Grades 6 & 7*
*Refers to the level of mathematics and not to the actual age.
This is a challenging pre-algebra course. Some of the topics that will discuss include the following:
- Arithmetic with negative numbers and with fractions
- Simplifying difficult arithmetic expressions
- Divisibility, prime numbers
- Greatest common divisors
- Euclidean algorithm for finding greatest common divisors
- Arithmetic with remainders, applications to cryptography
- Arithmetic with the binary system and other bases
The course will run from September 19, 2017 to May 2018 on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 to 7:30 (Break in December). Classes will be held in Canal Building room 2202 (until December).
Last class in the Fall term is December 5.
First class in the Winter term is January 9.
Registration fee for this course is $395.00 ($350.00 +13% HST).
This class is full, and registration is closed.
FEE WAIVER APPLICATION FORM
For students with limited financial resources some fee adjustment may be available.
100% refund prior to September 30th
75% refund prior to October 31st
50% refund prior to November 30th
To request refund, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
For details please write to email@example.com.
**Please note we are unable to answer any enquiries by phone.**