Number Theory – Grades 6 & 7*
*Refers to the level of mathematics and not to the actual age.
This is a challenging pre-algebra course. Some of the topics that will discuss include the following:
- Arithmetic with negative numbers and with fractions
- Simplifying difficult arithmetic expressions
- Divisibility, prime numbers
- Greatest common divisors
- Euclidean algorithm for finding greatest common divisors
- Arithmetic with remainders, applications to cryptography
- Arithmetic with the binary system and other bases
2018/19 Course Information
The course will run from September 18, 2018 to April 2019 on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 to 7:30 (Break in December).
Registration fee for this course is $380.
Maximum class size is 40 students. We reserve the right to cancel the course with a full refund if minimum enrollment is not reached.
FEE WAIVER APPLICATION FORM
For students with limited financial resources some fee adjustment may be available.
100% refund prior to September 30th
75% refund prior to October 31st
50% refund prior to November 30th
To request refund, please send an e-mail to email@example.com before the deadline.
For details please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note we are unable to answer any enquiries by phone.**