- ESP Mentors – the deadline to apply for 2023-24 has passed; applications are under review.
- ESP Volunteers – currently recruiting volunteers
ESP Mentors are former ESP students who are currently studying at Carleton University. ESP Mentors work closely with a small group of ESP students in a first-year seminar class (FYSM), providing them with peer support and encouragement during their first year.
|Update June 2, 2023:|
|The deadline to apply to be a Mentor for 2023-24 has passed. Thank you all for your interest. Offers to selected candidates will be sent out starting in mid-June.|
Interested in mentoring for 2023-2024? Applications open on February 6, 2023.
To apply to be a Mentor, please complete the following steps:
- Read over our job description
- Prepare your resume (if you’ve never made a resume before, see our resume template)
- Collect the name and contact information for one reference who does not work in ESP
- Complete our online application form (open February 6 – March 6, 2023)
The deadline to apply for 2023-2024 is Monday, March 6, 2023 at 11:59 pm.
Note: Only current or former ESP/IESP students will be considered for a Mentor position. Any applicants selected for an interview will be contacted starting in April 2023.
The ESP Mentor program is a proud partner with Carleton University’s ACT to Employ. We encourage students with disabilities to apply to this position. For more information on ACT to Employ, students can contact Jenna Lambert.
ESP Volunteers are current and former ESP students who want to volunteer their time to ESP. Volunteers help plan and run events and other meaningful activities that contribute to the well-being and academic success of current ESP students and alumni. Current students are able to add their volunteer hours to their Carleton Co-Curricular Record.
Skills developed may include:
- collaboration with others
- leadership skills
- communication skills
- time management
- competence in administrative duties
- and more!
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Interested in volunteering for ESP? Email ESPMentors@carleton.ca for next steps.