ESP & AESP Awards Student Awards
ESP/AESP student awards are made possible by generous donations from individual donors. Our thanks go out to all the sponsors of these awards.
These awards will be made to qualified students who are returning to Carleton University for degree study in the fall semester after completion of ESP/AESP.
Students in ESP/AESP who earn an A- (10.0) g.p.a. and have excellent workshop attendance (minimum 70%) may be eligible to receive one of the awards listed below. Students must complete at least 3.0 credits in the fall/winter terms in order to be considered.
- ESP/AESP Academic Excellence Award $500+
- Allen B. Clarke & Dennis P. Forcese Award for Academic Excellence $500+
- Harmer Brothers Award for Academic Excellence $500+
- Richard and Jean Van Loon Excellence Award of $2500-$3000 (awarded to the top ESP/AESP student — overall g.p.a. and attendance)
ESP/AESP students will be automatically considered for these Academic Awards; no application is necessary.
The Richard and Jean Van Loon Spirit Award of $2500-$3000 will be awarded based on nominations from students, facilitators, mentors, coaches and FYSM Instructors. Students must complete at least 3.0 credits in the fall/winter term, have excellent workshop attendance and be eligible for admission to a degree in the following September in order to be considered. CIE will review the nominations and choose a winner from among the nominees.
Nominate someone today.
Bursary Academic Awards
- Bill and Margery Sinclair Bursary Award $500+ (awarded based on grades, attendance and financial need)
- Hamlin Bursary $500+ (awarded based on grades, attendance and financial need)
- Gladie McQueen Bursary $500+ awarded on grades, attendance and financial need