The Centre for Initiatives in Education (CIE) hires student ambassadors to talk to prospective students, teachers and community members about the Enriched Support Program (ESP).
Hiring for spring 2023 is now open. Application deadline: extended to March 31!
Student Ambassadors are former ESP students who will attend recruitment events and visit local high schools and/or community groups, representing ESP. Student Ambassadors conduct presentations on the program and share their experience of the transition to university study. Student Ambassadors will answer questions about the program and be a resource to prospective students, guidance counsellors and community partners.
- Attending training sessions
- Visiting local high schools to meet with prospective students and/or guidance counsellors
- Hosting online chats with prospective students and/or guidance counsellors and community partners
- Posting events/items on social media
- Contacting schools to propose and schedule online visits
- Taking part in on-going training and strategy meetings
- Keeping records of visits and providing feedback
- Meeting regularly and maintaining effective communication with the Student Ambassador Coordinator
- Good academic standing
- Enrolled as a student at Carleton University
- Able to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent presentation/public speaking skills
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Interested in developing leadership skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Community involvement through volunteer experience
- Presentation experience an asset
- Must be a former ESP student
- Experience as an ESP Mentor, Coach or Facilitator, an asset
- Experience navigating online hosting software such as Zoom
$17.00/hour, including time spent in training.
How to apply
- Read the information above for details on the position
- Prepare your Resume
- Apply online by clicking below