The Centre for Initiatives in Education (CIE) hires student ambassadors to talk to prospective students, teachers and community members about the Enriched Support Program (ESP) and Indigenous Enriched Support Program (IESP).
Below you will find information about:
Deadline: Hiring for spring 2021 is now open. Application deadline: March 1, 2021
||Student Ambassadors are former ESP/IESP students who will attend recruitment events and visit local high schools and/or community groups, representing ESP/IESP. Student Ambassadors will conduct presentations on the program and share their experience of the transition to university level study. Student Ambassadors will answer questions about the program and be a resource to guidance counsellors, community partners and prospective students.
- Attending training sessions
- Hosting online chats with prospective students and/or guidance counsellors and community partners
- Posting events/items on social media
- Contacting schools to propose and schedule online visits
- Taking part in on-going training and strategy meetings
- Keeping records of online sessions and providing feedback
- Meeting regularly (online) and maintaining effective communication with the Student Ambassador Coordinator
- Good academic standing
- Enrolled as a student at Carleton University
- Able to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Interested in developing leadership skills
- Community involvement through volunteer experience
- Presentation experience an asset
- Must be a former ESP/IESP student
- Experience as an ESP/IESP Mentor or Facilitator, an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to navigate online hosting software such as Zoom
- Ability to handle confidential information
||$17.00/hour, including time spent in training.
How to apply
- Carefully read the information above for details on the position.
- Prepare your Resume.
- Apply online by clicking below.