ESP/IESP Registration Information
The Registration process for ESP and IESP students is different than other first year students.
Please click on your stream below for more details on registration, orientation, tuition payments and more.
|Arts & Social Science Stream registration||Business Stream registration||Computer Science Stream registration||Engineering Stream registration||Science Stream registration|
Coaching Summer Welcome Program
One of our ESP/IESP academic coaches will be emailing you to schedule a Summer Welcome virtual visit. The coach will answer your questions and take you through essential tools for a smooth entry into Carleton. This includes your Carleton email, navigating the online learning system, and accessing lecture videos, and how to use ESP resources, among other important stuff. We highly recommend the Summer Welcome visits, as the coach will make sure you are ready to participate in Orientation Day on Sept 7, and succeed in the year ahead!
Join us for Academic Orientation Day
ESP-IESP Academic Orientation will take place online in Zoom
Time: Sep 7, 2021 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 920 3481 1237
- One tap mobile
- +17789072071,,92034811237# Canada
- +12042727920,,92034811237# Canada
How to prepare for Orientation:
- Pull up your schedule/timetable in Carleton Central. There’s a handy “how-to” video here for how to access up your class schedule/timetable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VyFGmR7L2s
- You’ll have a chance during orientation to meet in smaller groups for your FYSM 1900 (or ESLA) course and your ESP-IESP workshops (ESPW 1000) so be sure you know which sections you’re in. For example, in the schedule below, the student is taking FYSM 1900-B (that’s section “B”) and ESPW 1000-T (section “T”) and ESPW 1000-JJ (section “JJ”).
- At Orientation we’ll also discuss how to interpret those pesky “course conflict” messages that some of you may see at the bottom of your timetable
Presentation slides are available here.