ESP Registration Information
The Registration process for ESP students is different than other first year students. When registration begins, ESP students will receive an email with the steps outlined.
|Arts & Social Science Stream registration||Business Stream registration||Computer Science Stream registration||Engineering Stream registration||Science Stream registration|
Coaching Summer Welcome Program
One of our ESP academic coaches will be calling and emailing you to schedule an essential Summer Welcome visit. The coach will answer your questions and take you through essential tools for a smooth entry into Carleton.
This includes navigating the online learning system, Brightspace, ensuring your CU email is set up, accessing lecture videos, how to use ESP resources, finding classes, funding/OSAP, and other necessary details. We highly recommend the Summer Welcome visits, as the coach will make sure you are ready to participate in Orientation Day on Sept 6, and succeed in the year ahead!
* Academic Coaches will start contacting students the week of August 2nd to set up a time to meet, ideally in person on campus but virtual appointments can be accommodated for those not in the Ottawa area yet. If you have questions or would like to book your appointment in advance please email Academic.Coaching@carleton.ca.
Carleton hosts a number of Orientation options: carleton.ca/orientation
- Fall: Your “frosh” experience. This week long program costs $125. Activities include a variety of games and parties, a hypnotist show, movie night and one day pass to City Folk
- PMC Orientation: for students with disabilities
- International students: for students new to Canada
Note: ESP is part of the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences – FASS – even if you’re in an ESP science or engineering stream. As an ESP student you can attend Orientation activities for FASS students and Centralized Fall Orientation activities.
The only required Orientation activity is Academic Orientation Day, which is taking place on Tuesday September 6, 2022.
Academic Orientation is free and mandatory for all new students. The day includes an orientation session geared to introducing you to your studies in the Enriched Support Program, a lunch and concludes with Expo Carleton.
Please see your Tuesday, September 6th Academic Orientation Day schedule below:
|10:00am-12:00pm||Enriched Support Program Orientation||Fenn Lounge, Residence Commons|
|BBQ Lunch||Outdoor amphitheater near Loeb Building|
|1:00pm – 4:00pm||Expo Carleton||Fieldhouse|
Download the Carleton app for an interactive campus map, class schedule, etc: carleton.ca/cumobile/.
For more information, please visit the Orientation website. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
How to prepare for Orientation:
- Pull up your schedule/timetable in Carleton Central. There’s a handy “how-to” video here for how to access your class schedule/timetable.
- You’ll have a chance during orientation to meet in smaller groups for your FYSM 1900 (or ESLA) course and your ESP workshops (ESPW 1000) so be sure you know which sections you’re in.
See here for the presentation slides.