More information on course selection for students accepted to the ESP/AESP Business Stream for Fall 2017 will be posted in mid-July 2017, and accepted students will be notified by email at that time.
Which courses can I take?
ESP/AESP students are eligible to register in three full credit courses: one First Year Seminar and those elective courses that are supported by ESP/AESP workshops.
ESP/AESP students have a different registration method than other Carleton students. You register through the ESP/AESP office.
- Read through the Registration Guide & Student Handbook for guidance in completing each registration step (2017-2018 version coming soon!)
- Read through the Course Descriptions and Class Schedule (to be posted here mid-July).
- Submit your Course Selection Form (posted here mid-July) & attend a Registration Information Session, if possible.
Note: open the Course Selection Form in Adobe Reader so that you can save the form properly once completed.
- Check your schedule and pay your fees.
- Consider registering for the Math Matters summer math prep course (see below).
- Use our checklist to make sure you’re on track.
- Classes start on Wednesday, September 6th, 2017.
If you have been conditionally admitted based on final grades, we will require your final grades to change your status and remove the conditions of your offer. We cannot enroll you in your courses until you have met the terms of your conditions.
How can I get help selecting courses?
Please attend one of our Registration Information Sessions.
Registration Information Sessions
- Friday, July 21, 2017
- Monday, July 24, 2017
- Wednesday, July 26, 2017
- Tuesday, August 1, 2017
- Thursday, August 3, 2017
- Wednesday, August 9, 2017
Optional: after the Registration session, go on a campus tour. Book tours through the tours office here.
Register: To register for a Registration Information Session, please call us at 613-520-2804 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can’t make it to a session? Slides from the session will be posted here in mid-July.
We recommend all students enrolling in Math-intensive programs (such as our Business stream), consider taking Carleton’s Math Matters summer preparation course.
Held August 23-30, Math Matters is specially designed for first-year students entering programs at Carleton with a math component.
The fee for Math Matters is $250, including HST. Residence is optional and has an additional fee.
Math Matters covers and reviews topics like:
- Algebra (basic algebra, intervals, and simplifying algebraic expressions);
- Equations (solving equations and inequalities, special formulas);
- Transcendental functions; and
More info: visit www.carleton.ca/mathmatters.
To register: Complete and return the ESP/AESP Registration Form (posted here later in the summer) by email to email@example.com or by fax (613-520-2515).
The following summer activities are optional. Academic Orientation Day on September 6th is the only mandatory orientation activity. See below for more information about activities and programs you may wish to consider.
- Participate in any Fall Orientation activities that you’re interested in:
- Attend the mandatory Academic Orientation Day on September 5th, 2017.
- Classes start on Wednesday, September 6th, 2017.
How do I pay my fees?
Once ESP/AESP has registered you in courses (approx. 10 days after you submit your Course Selection Form), login to Carleton Central to confirm fees and payment methods.
- Fall fees are due August 25, 2017. This deadline is for the Fall fee payment. Failure to pay fall fees by September 30th will result in de-registration from all fall and winter courses.
- Winter fees are due November 25, 2017. Ensure payment for your Winter fees is processed to your account without incurring a late charge by this date.
If you will be receiving funding from a Government Student Aid Program such as OSAP, you may be eligible to defer fee payment beyond the August 25 payment deadline (to September 14 for the Fall and January 12 for the winter). Please contact our Student Accounts office if you have any concerns about meeting the payment deadline at 613-520-3626 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I pay after the deadline?
Students who have not made arrangements to have their fees paid by September 30 will be deregistered from all courses for the fall and winter terms. Detailed payment information can be found on the Student Accounts website: www.carleton.ca/fees. Please contact our Student Accounts office if you have any concerns about meeting the payment deadline: 613-520-3626 or email@example.com.
Do I have to pay for both terms at the same time?
No – while many prefer to pay the entire academic year up-front, you do have an option to pay by term, provided your payments are received by the associated deadlines (August 25th for the fall and November 25th for winter term fees). Make sure you are aware of the late and interest charge penalties for late payment, as well as our financial hold policy.
How can I check my balance?
You may check your balance online via Carleton Central once you are registered in courses. Click on “Calculate Amount to Pay” from the “Registration” menu. The ‘Total Amount to Pay’ amount is your account balance. The ‘Minimum Amount to Pay’ amount is the balance for your fall term (if electing to pay by term).
Click here for ESP/AESP tuition and workshop costs.
Before September 30
After you submit the Course Selection Form and we add your courses, you will be charged tuition and workshop fees. In order to avoid these charges, you must contact the ESP office as soon as you have made the decision to withdraw firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-520-2804.
After September 30
After September 30th, you cannot receive a refund of your fall term fees, though if you withdraw between October 1st and January 31st, you will be eligible for a refund of winter term fees. In order to withdraw from courses, you must contact one of the ESP/AESP Student Advisors no later than 4:00 p.m. on the drop-date. You will not be able to withdraw from courses on-line.
If you need to withdraw from a course during the year, please note the following deadlines:
- September 30, 2017: Last day to withdraw from Fall courses and receive a refund of fees.
- December 8, 2017: Last day to withdraw from Fall courses (no refund of fall term fees if you withdraw after September 30th).
- January 31, 2018: Last day to withdraw from Winter courses and receive a refund of fees
- April 7, 2018: Last day to withdraw from Winter courses (no refund of winter term fees if you withdraw after January 31st).